ASUS TUF A16 AMD Advantage Laptop

Zinn

2[H]4U
I just picked this up from Best Buy on a back to school sale for $800. The thing is a beast, it’s got a fast 8 core AMD Rembrandt CPU, and a “Radeon 7600S” mobile GPU, which actually performs really well. I bought the computer for some cybersecurity courses I’m taking, and it has an all day battery life when I’m doing schoolwork. I stuck an extra 2TB SSD in the spare NVME slot and 2x16gb DDR5 since the stock 512gb / 16gb was a little tight for the VM work I do.

But it has a GPU and can play games too! The system came with a free Starfield Steam code, and it can play the game at high settings on an external 1440p Freesync display. I’m blown away by what a great value this laptop is.

A9903286-30BD-42D2-BA4E-56A8FB163836.jpeg

EDIT: I'm going to be getting this on Tuesday...

Last edited:
My wife picked this up for me for my birthday and I've been playing around with it. It's not bad for the price, especially once you get the drivers from AMD's website instead of the out of date ASUS ones. I haven't used this with an external display yet but it's a decent size for lap operation, assuming you don't mind your lap being somewhat toasty. :eek:

Reactions: Zinn
like this
My wife picked this up for me for my birthday and I've been playing around with it. It's not bad for the price, especially once you get the drivers from AMD's website instead of the out of date ASUS ones. I haven't used this with an external display yet but it's a decent size for lap operation, assuming you don't mind your lap being somewhat toasty. :eek:
It’s actually pretty amazing, I’m able to play many AAA games at 1440p 60+ FPS and high/ultra settings minus ray tracing. And it doesn’t even get loud doing that. I previously had a 17” Alienware that killed itself overheating and this laptop is faster and not as hot.

I looked at some other laptops with Nvidia GPUs, and they performed better (for double the price or more) but universally the battery life was shit. The A16 lasts all day on Silent mode. For $800 it was an unbelievable deal.

Back