ASUS rma advice

somebrains

[H]ard|Gawd
Something from work just fell into my lap.

We sent in 2x7970 Direct cu ii's to Asus for RMA months ago.
Asus sent the replacements to the wrong address, now they're stonewalling.

Anyone have any advice, someone I can talk to direct at Asus, etc??

It would take an earth-shattering cataclysm of biblical proportions to get Asus to give you some decent service, best of luck is all I can say.

Their RMA department is the reason I won't buy one of the top rated and best quality brands out there.

It would take an earth-shattering cataclysm of biblical proportions to get Asus to give you some decent service, best of luck is all I can say.

Their RMA department is the reason I won't buy one of the top rated and best quality brands out there.
I had good experience with RMA'ing a mobo just a few months ago....

Guess haters gonna hate.

Something from work just fell into my lap.

We sent in 2x7970 Direct cu ii's to Asus for RMA months ago.
Asus sent the replacements to the wrong address, now they're stonewalling.

Anyone have any advice, someone I can talk to direct at Asus, etc??

When it comes to a company stonewalling you like that. All you can do is provide all the information you previously provided and show them that it is their fault. If they still keep on giving you the run along. Continually escalate until something is done. If you have been emailing them. Send them an email every day until something happens. You really have to badger some companies into doing what's right by the customer.

Guess haters gonna hate.

same here they sent me a brand new a88x mobo when the one i bought before refused to turn on after swapping from a 270x to a 280x

same here they sent me a brand new a88x mobo when the one i bought before refused to turn on after swapping from a 270x to a 280x

Ditto, ive never had an asus product fail, but when i had to RMA my Cougar Point board due to the Intel SATA snafu, i had a new one back within 2 weeks.

Did they send it to another customer's address, a typo in your address, what??

Once again, why the hell do people buy ASUS anymore? They're garbage anymore with RMA's. I'm sure the positive remarks are from ASUS employee's themselves lol.

ASUS still makes some of the best gear, but yes with their horrible customer service reputation it does make the decision to buy their gear a tough one. They are apparently trying to repair their image a bit, perhaps this thread will get the attention of one of their reps on the forum. Good luck.

Contact Raja, as he was just on here earlier. He should be able to help you out.

Asus products are still good. But product support and the rma issues are widely known. That is enough to turn most people away to begin with. But no need to keep beating a dead horse though.

really the #1 fix when any company is being dicks is: social media.

get this thread really big, post on twitter to #ASUS or whatever they have, facebook, etc.

make enough noise and you'll get everything you want.

haven't bought asus stuff in years, they make nice stuff but when it comes time for support and RMA forget about it.

Once again, why the hell do people buy ASUS anymore? They're garbage anymore with RMA's. I'm sure the positive remarks are from ASUS employee's themselves lol.

They make good products. Sure there RMA department can be crap but oh well, it's the way it is. You can buy the best and deal with the worst (at times), or get something else.

I've had good and bad RMA's with Asus, the last one with my Rampage IV was bad but they worked it out. I bet you wouldn't believe me when they actually took the blame for bending a CPU pin and asked for an RMA? Didn't help that the lady on the phone incorrectly wrote my information down in the wrong area (kinda like the OP's issue...) so it took longer then the 2 day's they said.

OP, someone said social media. That's a good way to get it done faster. Facebook, twitter, and PM'ing Raja here would be your best bets. Sucks they shipped it to the wrong place..but I hope things work out for you like it did for me.

I followed up again today.
It was like they never heard of this prob tho there are like 10 tabs now on their end.

I'm glad this is company owned, not my private gear.
I didn't order this stuff, this is just my problem now.

I'm going to go around the RMA merry go round Monday.

Personally, I never trust any RMA process. If something breaks, I most often just go buy something new/better (upgrade) and then sell the RMA when/if it gets back. I ain't got the time or the patience to screw around. Unfortunately, nobody's perfect, and I've had issues of one kind or another with every vendor/manufacturer. If you tell me one is great and never has issues, I'll call you a liar.

I am still waiting for Asus to send me advanced RMA form, it has been two weeks so far.

very disappointed.

Guess haters gonna hate.

Apparently you guys haven't read the multiple threads here about horrible Asus RMA experiences.;)

I've never had an issue with ASUS products as we. I've been using the brand since 2000 when I purchased there P3V4X motherboard. Any company can get 99 things right but with modern day thinking, it only takes a company to get one thing wrong for most consumers to crap on them. This generation is dubbed " the entitlement era " ;).

I've read of horror stories..but personally I've had to RMA only 2 Asus items over the years
and it was a positive experience both times.
One time they sent me a replacement motherboard and I had forgotten to ship the bad one! :eek:
My experience was the opposite of this guy's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYryPjnrxs

Last edited:
If not them, which company has a great product AND great customer service?

Doesn't really exist on the AMD side anymore, everything from Gigabyte to MSI have gone downhill. The XFX guy on the forums seems to be taking care of people just fine though, if you don't mind a shitty XFX cooler lol.

I've never had an issue with ASUS products as we. I've been using the brand since 2000 when I purchased there P3V4X motherboard. Any company can get 99 things right but with modern day thinking, it only takes a company to get one thing wrong for most consumers to crap on them. This generation is dubbed " the entitlement era " ;).

I'm 40, this is for a digital agency.
I'm clearing out the last of the consumer hardware and discovered awol RMA's among other out of place PO's.
Frankly it's an effort to keep the inventory straight against a previous staffer's tenure.

I RMA'd an ASUS motherboard once and they dragged it out so long that I'd purchased another board weeks before it was taken care of. My experience lined up with the reputation.

I always get a kick out of the apologists.

Apparently you guys haven't read the multiple threads here about horrible Asus RMA experiences.;)

Except people who have good experiences rarely go on forums and write nice things. That's why it's totally lopsided and unrealistic.

Back