Asus P8Z68-VLE

ITOAO

Limp Gawd
Ok, Not sure if this is where I post about this but thought i would post here also.
I am not sure where to post.
Got to the OS install portion and since i didn't order an optical drive I decided to install using USB. I picked up a USB 3.0 drive and used the MS tool to setup a bootable usb drive and it moved my windows .iso.
Thing is when i start up I am getting "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing"
I am pretty sure this is because of the USB 3.0 drivers.
I put the DVD that came with the mobo in my other PC and browsed to the folder with the USB drivers.

Two things. I think I use the ia64 folder? Can I just copy the folder over and select that location when windows setup asks to browse to it.

I tried to copy the files to a separate USB drive and i still was not able to install them.
It seems like it wants me to have an optical drive installed.

Feel free to boot me over to the correct forum if this is not it.
Build is going well so far I think, physically anyway.

Why not just use the USB 2 slots instead? It's not going to make that much difference just for the install.

Id have to agree. Everyone seems to want to use usb3.0 now, its not that much faster anyways, and less compatible. Use usb2.0. Most things out now dont even utilize usb3.0.

Weird thing is I am not sure its just because of the USB 3.0. It is seeing all the devices in the bios. It boots into the install process for windows from the USB 3.0 port then errors and asks for the driver.

Just install a CD/DVD drive ;)

You can get one for under $20 and save yourself a headache.

Ok, Not sure if this is where I post about this but thought i would post here also.
I am not sure where to post.
Got to the OS install portion and since i didn't order an optical drive I decided to install using USB. I picked up a USB 3.0 drive and used the MS tool to setup a bootable usb drive and it moved my windows .iso.
Thing is when i start up I am getting "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing"
I am pretty sure this is because of the USB 3.0 drivers.
I put the DVD that came with the mobo in my other PC and browsed to the folder with the USB drivers.

Two things. I think I use the ia64 folder? Can I just copy the folder over and select that location when windows setup asks to browse to it.

I tried to copy the files to a separate USB drive and i still was not able to install them.
It seems like it wants me to have an optical drive installed.

Feel free to boot me over to the correct forum if this is not it.
Build is going well so far I think, physically anyway.

Even if this is irrelevant I'm going to say it... unless you don't want to do any crossfire/sli or Overclocking.. basically any sort of tune up, then don't get the LE OR LX version

Even if this is irrelevant I'm going to say it... unless you don't want to do any crossfire/sli or Overclocking.. basically any sort of tune up, then don't get the LE OR LX version

The LE and LX boards are just fine for moderate overclocking. They don't have a lot of tweaking options, but you can push 4.4 or so with them easily enough.

Thanks for the help. I had to end up using a 2.0 port once I did the OS installed fine.

Back