Asus P6X58D premium open box

Circumnavigate

Limp Gawd
Hey guys I just got my P6X58D open box from Newegg. I remember someone wanted me to tell them what condition it came in so here I am.

It came in absolutely perfect condition despite the open box status. The only thing I noticed that was off was that the manual was written entirely in Chinese, no English. Other then that everything was sealed and brand new and its totally worth saving $75 by getting the open box.

This is the highest quality mobo I've ever laid my hands upon, and this is likely my 4th or 5th Asus board. :)

How has this board been running for you so far? No hiccups or failures? I'm tempted to buy an open box of this motherboard but $300 is too steep for me.

I just purchased the same board as an open box and the same thing..it appears to be a brand new board with all accessories..the manual on mine is english...the person im building it for was willing to gamble on the board...im amazed as it appears to be totally new...No marks or fingerprints on the board,no scratches or old tim visible..ive had it running for 48hrs straight with a 920 ...if i had to bet id say its a new board.....came from newegg too...

Do you guys know what the return policy is from Newegg for open box items? I'm guessing the manufacturer Warranty is 30 days correct. I've heard Asus Customer Service is pretty bad anyway but all the motherboards of theirs I've bought have been rock solid.

Newegg's open box policy.

Open Box Limited Refund Only 30 Day Return Policy

* Return for refund within: 30 days
* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable

Products that state "This item is covered by Newegg.com's Refund Only 30-Day Return Policy", or items labeled as “Non-Replaceable” (or similar labeling) must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a refund. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

This is our Detailed Open Box Item Return Policy. Newegg often sells items that are listed as "open-box." Because these items are sold at greatly reduced prices, they are subject to a limited refund-only return policy. Such items can only be returned within 30 days of the applicable invoice date. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA. Newegg cannot provide replacement service for these items, as their stock is limited. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including, but not limited to, scratches, dings or dents. Should these items exhibit a functional defect following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs, unless otherwise required by law. These items are not covered by any 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

If you purchase an Open-Box product Newegg guarantees only that you will receive the product itself; accessories MAY OR MAY NOT BE INCLUDED with Open-Box products. Newegg will not send you a missing accessory, even if the missing accessory is required in order to properly make use of all the product’s advertised functions.

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/ReturnPolicy.aspx#29

I am on the fence right now about whether or not to save the $75 with the open box P6X5D Premium on Newegg or wait for the retail to return (or elsewhere).

How are those open box P6X58D's out there performing, any issues with em?

My open-boxed P6X58D arrived yesterday and sadly it didn't come with any extras - no CD, no cables, no back plate, and no other peripherals. Initially I was a bit disappointed but ultimately it was no biggie as I had most of that stuff from previous ASUS motherboards except for the back plate which I'll have to order. Appearance wise the board looked new to me. No bent capacitors and no outstanding marks that caught my eye. No burn marks either :D

I got it all up and running today with a new i7-930 but I haven't had time to do any serious stress testing yet. I will say that Windows 7 64 bit kicks ass. I was previously running a socket 775 board with an E6600 and I was a bit apprehensive about swapping in an entirely new mobo-cpu-ram without doing a fresh install but Win 7 found and installed everything it needed and so far everything is running smoothly.

That's been my experience so far. I'll post back if I suspect my open box P6X58D is giving me trouble.

Back