Asus P4P800 vs. P4P800 Delux

iha

Limp Gawd
What's the main difference between these 2 boards. I'm building a comp. for someone that is just going to use basic programs like IE and MS Office (that's probably all that she uses.. she's a secretary at a church), anyway.. I bought here the Asus p4p800 delux, b/c I had the P4P800 in my comp, and have been happy w/ it. BUT She could care less if she had a delux or not, so if it's worth it I might switch out the mobos.. Anyone know if it's worth it? That'd be kinda a lot of work

I had a P4P800, one thing I noticed is that the manual and box never mentioned Asus' Hyperpath technology. When I recently switched to a P4P800E-Dlx after the P4P800 died, the box and manual did mention it and I saw a increase in benchmark scores. Games and apps felt a lil smoother, but that may have just been my mind. :D

Other than that, the Deluxe is a lil better for OCing in my case and the layout of MOSFETs and caps are a lil different, so that's probably why.
The extra Firewire and SATA RAID can't hurt either. :D

well since i can't game now b/c of my connection here at college, and probably wont be able to for about 2-4 years (and will probably just get a new comp then), I guess I'll just keep the normal version and give her the delux :)

i don't think there is a huge difference in price and preformance my friend has the p4c800 and he is happy with his i guess there is probally some new inferface properties that might make teh board better

I have always got the deluxe's from asus. Not that much more, but you get a lot more.

Probably too late with my response, but I love my Deluxe! Of course, you need to ask yourself if you're willing to spend the time and effort to switch yourself to the Deluxe. In about 2-4 years, you can probably get a better system anyway.

Back