ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT

mPCIE is generally slower.

Yeah, I knew the 8-series chipset only had PCIE 2.0 beforehand, but it never actually clicked that it was providing the bandwidth for the fancy m.2 connector until last night. Glad I didn't run out and buy this board like I was going to. I have a perfectly functional Asrock Z77E-ITX with a 3770 socketed, and I was only upgrading for the m.2 connector.

I've heard Broadwell-D chips are going to be back to solder, and it should provide a proper m.2 plug [with the new 9-series chipsets].

E: It's a shame really, because this is an absolutely beautiful board otherwise.

TIP: Adjust Fan Xpert 2

I was sad that I cannot use speedfan on my Impact to do a fine tuning on my FANs.
But I figure out there is a "trick" to do fine tuning on Fan Xpert 2 (Asus AI Suite III):

You can edit FanCalibrationData.xml in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\FanXpert

Without it I could not set my CPU cooler (Noctua) to run 35%. Minimum allowed with auto tuning was 60%.

Does anyone know if the new BIOS update fixes the sound issues people are having?

Also if I were to install an Astro Mixamp VIA optic cable, would that solve the sound issues or no?

Does anyone know if the new BIOS update fixes the sound issues people are having?

Also if I were to install an Astro Mixamp VIA optic cable, would that solve the sound issues or no?

That's a big negative. Still poppin'

Using optical will most likely solve the issue.

There is a new bios update version 1203

Do not EVER enable "EPU Power Saving Mode". It causes some nice overvoltage on all cores except first (Core 0).

140116012540.png

140116012606.png

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good job ASUS...

_

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the mPCIe combo card from the Maximus V motherboards can be used on the Impact? I'm curious since I have a mSATA SSD lying around and can't find any mSATA to M.2 adapters.

Edit: nevermind the plugs are different

Are there any specific patch notes on the BIOS updates aside from the Improve system stability?

Everything is fine on my system, sans audio 'pop', but I'll install new bios tomorrow and report back

Audio still pops on bios 1301.

ALSO, whenever I restart my system I seem to lose my "silent" fan setting in EZ Fan Control. Anyone else?

Last 2 times that I flashed my bios it forgot all my settings - including my array disc set.

But after I change it keeps remember (fans included)

Last 2 times that I flashed my bios it forgot all my settings - including my array disc set.

But after I change it keeps remember (fans included)

I think this is the same for me too. Fan control defaults don't work with 3 pin fans, so EZ Fan doesn't know what's going on. All good now

fwiw, i have never experienced the popping issue and im using and optical connection.

With last bios it seems a bit better sound output. There is less noise on it. Don´t know if it is coincidence

Thats good to know thanks Proglin, but honestly since I have the Astro A40's I'm just going to use the mixamp with the fiber cable to avoid any type of sound issues

Question about the Impact. With my other motherboards, there is an option in the UEFI to power on the computer with the press of a key on the keyboard. Is that option available in the Impact?

I have a Z87i-Deluxe, but was wondering if anyone else with that board, the Pro or the Impact has been getting weird mainboard temps via CPUID HWMonitor?

I have the ASUS Probe Sense stuff installed, and HWMonitor reads a constant 101C at the mainboard (whether at idle or at load). Can't seem to find a motherboard temp anywhere in BIOS or the ASUS AI Suite to compare.

Does anyone know if this board will fit a Thermalright AXP-140? That vertical power board above the CPU and the nearby RAM slots make me wonder if there will be interference with this cooler.

Does anyone know if this board will fit a Thermalright AXP-140? That vertical power board above the CPU and the nearby RAM slots make me wonder if there will be interference with this cooler.

Someone posted on the M1 spreadsheet the AXP200 fits on the Impact in one position

I have a Z87i-Deluxe, but was wondering if anyone else with that board, the Pro or the Impact has been getting weird mainboard temps via CPUID HWMonitor?

I have the ASUS Probe Sense stuff installed, and HWMonitor reads a constant 101C at the mainboard (whether at idle or at load). Can't seem to find a motherboard temp anywhere in BIOS or the ASUS AI Suite to compare.
I don't have that issue but the offset volts are totally off

Someone on the ROG forums posted that Realtek/ASUS has a new audio driver out. Includes ASIO support and headphone amplification (front panel only).

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ed-with-MAXIMUS-VI-IMPACT-sound-card.../page8

Links in top post
Ver 7121 is for Win7 and 7161 is for Win8.

No this does not fix the audio pop from the rear panel connector when shutting off the system.

I'm just quoting myself to say that version 7161 also works for Win7 (but it only shows up in the download section if you choose Windows 8) and it seems to me to have better sound quality.

New BIOS update should be up soon (was supposed to be up today) for the Maximus VI Impact (v1203), Z87i-Deluxe (v1007) & Z87i-Pro (v903).

It's not 100% clear, but I think the new update adds support for the soon-to-be-released Intel Haswell refresh chips to run on these boards (ie, I7-4790K), otherwise, I have no clue what their press release is on about..

http://www.techpowerup.com/198187/asus-8-series-motherboards-support-new-4th-generation-intel-core-cpus.html

Also, the ASUS Wi-Fi Go! utility was just updated (not that anybody cares, lol) :D

Anyone use Aquacomputer active xcs VGA backplate with M6I?

I am doubt that active backplate will wedged with ram tenon

Back