Asus G73JH Discussion

NGX

Gawd
Hey guys just bought the Asus G73JH-RBBX05 from Best Buy a few days ago. I have a few questions I hope somebody can help me with.....

1. How hard is it to switch out the 17.3' 1600x900 display for a 17.3'' 1920x1080 from here? Anybody taken the lid on one of these apart yet?

2. Where can I get a hard drive cage for the second bay to install another drive?

3. I saw on a thread in the hotdeals forum that there is 4 ram slots on this thing, but I opened up the bottom and only saw 2, am I missing the other 2?

4. Where is the eyefinity support? AMD stated that the 5800 mobility series would support up to 6 monitors for eyefinity, why is it I cant get my two 22' lcd's on either side to work?

5. Anybody out there have any overclocking utilities that actually work GOOD for overclocking the cpu and gpu. I am using windows 7 64 bit.

Any help from you all would be great, I have searched high and low for some answers but I give up, and now I am posting where I should have come to start with ^^

Thanks speedy but I already have and so far nothing new except for a site that sells the after market displays. [H] has many more active readers and posters, so I think ill get more progress here.

Can't help much, but I know that there is 4 ram slots on that notebook. They might not be right next to each other though. It comes with 8 gigs though, right? If you pull out a stick and it's only 2 gigs, then obviously there are 4 slots, the other two are hiding in another section.

Mine is the best buy version and has 6 gigs, 2 sticks of 3gb 1333. so idk if it does or not but ill look

Ok...There are 4 slots. 3 on the bottom, 1 under the keyboard.

The 5800 can do eyefinity, but the G73JH can't. You'd need a docking station to get enough ports. Look at the HP 8710W.

Nice! Thanks for the info. I've given up on eyefinity and instead Im going to upgrade everything else like screen hdd's and ram

]^-SPM-^[;1036006276 said:
2. Where can I get a hard drive cage for the second bay to install another drive?

Last time I looked (about a month ago) they still were not selling drive cages for the G73. A few of the folks over at NoteboobReview.com had "custom built" some for themselves.

I just ordered my A2 from GenTechPC. Got it stock except for having them change out the thermal paste and making my 2-year global warranty a 3-year one. I chose that since this is replacing my Asus G1S that recently died (8600m failure, working on an RMA with Asus now) 2.5 years after buying it which is ridiculous for a laptop that I could still game on for another 2 years probably.

Hey all I just got back from vacation and will be taking this laptop apart to re-apply thermal paste and install more ram and another hard drive. Anybody have any good overclocking utilities for this specific laptop, or bios settings?

Back