ASUS F1A75-V EVO FM1 Trifire problem

buttons

2[H]4U
I have a similar setup as my friend and its working without issues. His setup is the following:

ASUS F1A75-V EVO FM1 motherboard (newest bios)
A6-3650 APU 2.6ghz quad core
3 X Sapphire 5870 video cards
2x4 GB of ddr 1600
Rosewill 1300w psu
Coolermaster Cosmos S

When he plugs his monitor into the motherboard it posts, says starting windows then the screen goes blank (as if video output is switched from on board to a dedicated video card)

If he plugs monitor into the primary video card it boots to windows but then he is unable to see the 3rd 5870 or the APU GPU (which is important for bitcoin mining) Sapphire trixx see's all three 5870's but only two of them are usable with crossfire enabled. He has crossfire bridges on all three cards.

Has anyone else had issues with 3 video cards in crossfire? On my system I have VGA plugged into motherboard and i am able to access/use all four of my video cards for bitcoin mining without any crossfire bridges and able to game on the APU while other three continue mining (thats the end goal for my friend as well)

I might of found the problem, apparently this board pci-e 2 and 3 share bandwidth and cannot be used at the same time. Where as my asrock does support trifire.

Last edited:
Back