ASUS announces restructuring after quarterly losses

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hmm

"Asustek hopes to safeguard its leading position in the gaming PC market, Hu said.

The restructuring would not lead to massive layoffs, Hu said, dismissing media reports that the company was planning to cut up to 800 jobs.

Only a very small number of positions could be axed, as the company has about 600 vacancies that need to be filled, he added.

“The company’s structural adjustments do not aim to cut jobs, but to optimize the company’s operations and improve its agility, allowing the company to quickly respond to rapid market changes,” Hu said.

The global PC industry has faced challenges over the past few quarters in terms of macroeconomic conditions, supply chain issues and consumer demand, Hu said.

Asustek reported net losses of NT$3.82 billion (US$124.33 million) last quarter, which the company blamed on high channel inventories and disappointing PC sales.

Under the company’s restructuring plans, Asustek has divided its businesses into three categories: the consumer product business group, commercial product business group and mobile product business group. Gaming PCs would be included in the consumer product business group.

Asustek gaming PC business head Chang Yang-kuang. (張仰光) is to oversee the company’s consumer product business group, while Chang Kai-shun (張凱舜) would take charge of the commercial product and mobile business groups.

The adjustments are to take effect on July 1."

1686927934197.png

Source: https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2023/06/16/2003801610

And? You couldn't find it? It is literally the first result, that you don't even have to click on, because google provides a snippet right there on the results page.
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc. was established via direct investment from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. The ASUSTOR brand name was created as a portmanteau of “ASUS” and “Storage”.

Could always get rid of that ASUS cloud storage. No value there.

Hope they can right the ship, I still use their products. Not a fanboi, but not a hater either.

How much can they save by leaving RGB technicolor vomit off their stuff? Try not frying CPUs and support their products?

The whole sector is down - I hope those getting laid off land on their feet.

Reactions: erek
like this
And? You couldn't find it? It is literally the first result, that you don't even have to click on, because google provides a snippet right there on the results page.

I obviously did not. No, wait, I found it and still decided to ask. I hope it wasn't too excruciating for you, having to provide the answer, I dunno how you managed to survive but glad you did✌️

ASUS can start by not screwing the customer via warranty. I haven't used any of their products since they stated doing that. I was an ASUS fanboi at one point. But they were great with their warranties. I seldom needed to use the warranty but the screwing people over didn't sit well with me. To quote our fearless leader Kyle; "Vote with your wallet".

ASUS can start by not screwing the customer via warranty. I haven't used any of their products since they stated doing that. I was an ASUS fanboi at one point. But they were great with their warranties. I seldom needed to use the warranty but the screwing people over didn't sit well with me. To quote our fearless leader Kyle; "Vote with your wallet".
By one point do you mean a decade? because that's how long ive been a never buy asus hater due to their extended warranty scams

While the whole thing is silly IMO, Asus being currently involved is a given from the name, but...

If you're going to be like that, you should quote something that confirms that Asus still owns at least a large part of Asustor, not that it was a founder a dozen years ago. 🙄

like this
By one point do you mean a decade? because that's how long ive been a never buy asus hater due to their extended warranty scams
Longer than 10 years. IIRC, the last ASUS motherboard I bought for a Pentium III Taulatin CPU. From there I went to ABIT, EPOX and MSI. Had trouble with MSI in general and started buying Gigabyte. So far so good. Knock on wood. But my first love was with TYAN. And then they went server only.

like this
If you're going to be like that, you should quote something that confirms that Asus still owns at least a large part of Asustor, not that it was a founder a dozen years ago. 🙄
Founded by direct investment means it is a wholly owned subsidiary, I found no reports of it being sold, so I assume this is still current.

But if you're going to be like that, you should at least find something that says otherwise.

like this
How much can they save by leaving RGB technicolor vomit off their stuff? Try not frying CPUs and support their products?

The whole sector is down - I hope those getting laid off land on their feet.
They’re opening almost as many positions as they are closing. Hopefully not at a pay decrease.
And they do have a line with no RGB and no Gamer Limited OMGXSpooge branding.
But you pay for it like the “ProArt” range.
Which for my field is great because auditing hates to see stuff like “Gamer wifau fap edition” on a line item, but things like ProArt, Titan, Prime, those are fine. I like that they offer a no hassle ASUS Radeon lineup with no weird branding, makes that easy to bring in too.
Wish Nvidia did as well the Founders Edition is about as bland as that gets but Nvidia does this intentionally so steer sales to their workstation lineup.

like this
If you're going to be like that, you should quote something that confirms that Asus still owns at least a large part of Asustor, not that it was a founder a dozen years ago.
Remember how I mentioned there's a link to asus.com at the bottom of asustor.com? It's under "other services." That's usually a decent suggestion.

like this
"Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc. was established via direct investment from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. The ASUSTOR brand name was created as a portmanteau of “ASUS” and “Storage”. ASUSTOR is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions, also specializing in the development and integration of related firmware, hardware and applications. We are devoted to providing the world with an unparalleled user experience and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible."

However, the two companies have different headquarters, in different buildings but both are located within Taipei, so it is very likely operated as a separate entity and more of a sister company rather than a subsidiary one.

Maybe go back to offering decent features without having to spend $600 on a board.

Their board selections lately have sucked. My previous 3 boards were Asus but I had to go with GA my last build.

like this
Back