Asus A7N8X-X + AMD Thunderbird can't undervolt

liquidzyklon

Limp Gawd
I have the A7N8X-x mobo with an AMD Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz. The default voltage is 1.75V. When I go into the BIOS to change the voltage, I only have options larger than 1.75V, nothing smaller. Previously, I had the MSI 6330 K7T-Turbo, VIA KT133A and I was able to undervolt the chip to 1.65V, which resulted in about 4 C cooler. Now my question is, is it possible to undervolt with this board? (I have the 1010 BIOS already).

Thank you for your help.

Are your temps so high that you want to undervolt ???

What temp is your chip, and what heatsink/fan combo are you using ???

The temps aren't that high, but b/c my setup is to run quietly it's not that low.
Idle = 50 C
Load = 56 C
Ambient = 24 C.
I am using Thermalright SK6 with Vantec 80mm Stealth fan.

i had that same mobo with a 1400 tbird and i always undervolted but i was using an older bios cause it was like 2 years ago. I was using 1005 or 6 I think. The 1400 /266 fsb was the fastest thing out when i bought it and brother did it run hot. I undervolted it and it ran cooler and was still stable as heck. you may want to try an older bios and see.like i said it was 2 years or more ago. I then bought an unlocked 2400 and ran it as a 3200/400 fsb and what a nice rig it was. I should have kept it as i still miss it and my 1400 tbird too. I saved up for months to get the 1400 as it was the fastest thing out...oh well...

Thanks. I guess I'll try an older version of the BIOS then. lol, most people would tell you to use the latest version of the BIOS to fix problems, not older ones.

I found it, it's the modded uberBIOS 1.005 or 1.007. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Back