asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2 voltage

chuckm1020

[H]ard|Gawd
i have the 1006 bios, can i only take it to 2.8V for memory, this is the max it shows in the bios, i want it to go more:D . will the newer 1007 bios give me more options? also is the max voltage i can go on the vcore only 1.875, i want to go some more on that too, i dont have to worry much about temps becasue of the watercooler.

I've got an A7N8X-Dlx Rev2 around here that has been volt modded for more core voltage. Right now, its default .1v over the voltage set in the bios, and it can be jacked up by about .3v over 1.85.... Basically... you will need to fool the regulator chip that it isn't supplying enough voltage to the processor, and it will raise its output- just solder on a variable resistor onto the sensor, and you're in business.

I believe the "uber" BIOSes will allow for a bit higher voltages and a few extra settings in the BIOS that the official Asus ones won't let you touch. I haven't used one for a while since I seem to get a bit higher overclock with the regular Asus BIOS. I have no idea why but that is what my system seems to do.

Also, remember, for the CPU voltage at least, Asus boards have a tendancy to overvolt a bit. I personally have no problem with this but it's something to keep in mind.

yah i think they overvolt, my bios is set to 1.825 and my asus probe says 1.85, i think i might try to volt mod an old ecs board first, istnt there saudering that must be done?

r u high i know i am im not sure about these other people i dont know what there speeking but i know its not my lang

the uber bios's do not allow for more voltages, but it does allow you to adjust the chipset voltage... Of course, that really doesn't work, but it's atleast an option.. ;)

Originally posted by chuckm1020
i have the 1006 bios, can i only take it to 2.8V for memory, this is the max it shows in the bios, i want it to go more:D . will the newer 1007 bios give me more options? also is the max voltage i can go on the vcore only 1.875, i want to go some more on that too, i dont have to worry much about temps becasue of the watercooler.

I read a thing that said the new bios is a lot better. it allows u to do a lot more stuff with ur computer (mobo). it will probaly allow you to do more vol. and other stuff.

Originally posted by chuckm1020

The last uber bios i used (1004 for rev 1.04) gave me ram voltage up to 2.9. Did it actually work when you selected it...i dunno. I know the chipset voltage one didnt work. But check out the uber and see what it does.

Back