Asus 670 GTX DirectCUII dead after three months -> RMA

balance101

Limp Gawd
So last night was playing borderland 2 computer screen black out. Computer froze. Did manual power off with holding down power button.

Computer will restart after windows animation loading screen.

Boot into safemode no problem. I knew it was a driver issue because if you can safemode most likely drivers

Couldn't install nvidia driver kept failing/bsod no matter which version. Used drive sweeper to remove all nvidia related problems. Install latest drivers with no problem. Woot! boot into windows with no problem. Almost done. Enable sli. Black screen. Computer froze. =(

Switch sli bridge still no go. Even switch around pciE slot still no go. Removed bottom card and computer boot up no problem. Did heaven stress test all good. Now plug other card into same slot. Boot into windows but resolution mess up windows device said disabled device due to error. Did drive sweep reinstall drivers. Restart loop .... power off put in other card starts up no problem....

The thing is its my secondary gtx that die, that card isnt on load much as the primary card and it still die...

Rma with asus so far so good. You can setup rma by phone. Drop of the card at my local asus office at markham.

Will update here with my asus rma experience =/

Similar thing happened to my ASUS 470, but after I updated the drivers, I made a thread on it. I don't know if it may be a conflict with the HD audio drivers. If that's the issue the RMA might not help... Have you tried disabling the onboard audio and uninstalling all the drivers? If you still have the card you can try it, but it might be a totally different problem.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing how this goes.

so an update

Asus send me notification that my RMA was ready for pickup. They gave me a brand new cards because they did not have parts to fix my card. Less than a week and didn't have to pay for shipping :D

awesome :D

thats good to hear! Nice to see ASUS upholding their warranties, and being so quick.

I notice that with the new card, it consumes more power?

before
idle 265W~
load (heaven) 580W

now
idle 300W~
load (heaven) 620W~

I did like 6 hours heaven with sli seems stable

Back