assistance neeed antec gx 500

backwoods

Limp Gawd
wire to fan controller black 4 wire.
x
lines
then wire gauge.
Molex is two black one yellow and one red.
what wire from black joins on colored wire with Molex from psu.

We would need more info on the "fan controller" to figure what wire is what

I have the part he's talking about in one of my cases. One of the standard four pin molex connectors plugs into it, and it provides four three pin fan headers. This part is meant to be used with Antec fans, which have a little extra pigtail with a switch that switches between high and low speed, but should support nearly any three pin fans. Four pin PWM fans should work with it, but will most likely run at full speed. The pinout on the fan headers should be the same as any other 3 pin header, with a ground, +12v, and tach signal wire.

Cpu Fan Pinout | CPU Benchmark

The yellow wire in a molex is +12V, and the two black wires are ground. What are you trying to accomplish?

I have the part he's talking about in one of my cases. One of the standard four pin molex connectors plugs into it, and it provides four three pin fan headers. This part is meant to be used with Antec fans, which have a little extra pigtail with a switch that switches between high and low speed, but should support nearly any three pin fans. Four pin PWM fans should work with it, but will most likely run at full speed. The pinout on the fan headers should be the same as any other 3 pin header, with a ground, +12v, and tach signal wire.

Cpu Fan Pinout | CPU Benchmark

The yellow wire in a molex is +12V, and the two black wires are ground. What are you trying to accomplish?
out of the case side the wires are black with marking's can u tell me what color wire from psu goes were yellow red and black.

Look at the "Disk drive" section on this page. This explains what the four pins in the Molex connector do.

Molex connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you use the right connector from the power supply, it should only connect to the fan splitter in one way. You may have to wiggle it a little to get it to fit - those old four pin connectors were always kind of a pain like that.

Back