Assassin’s Creed Mirage

Chromatic aberration can't be turned off. No solution found as of yet.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Nah bro they just keep getting slightly worse each time so your standards are lower.

I guess solid enough? I don't really disagree with you overall. It is what it is. My expectations weren't high. I'll get what I want out of it. (shrugs)

If you put ACG and Skill Up's reviews together I think they paint the picture overall.

It should have been a Valhalla farewell expansion. Treating it like a full game with full game pricing is *really* pushing it.

My standard: Odyssey was probably the best of this cycle building off a solid Origins. I'd love to have another one like that.

Syndicate doesn't get nearly enough love, either.

Last edited:
Chromatic aberration can't be turned off. No solution found as of yet.

It's crazy, that this shit still exist. There is no case where it adds any kind of value to image quality. It just makes it worse.

Forcing this shit is pure evil. Do they have no fucking clue that 100% of their target audience will turn this off? It's mindblowing how stupid this is.

I guess solid enough? I don't really disagree with you overall. It is what it is. My expectations weren't high. I'll get what I want out of it. (shrugs)

If you put ACG and Skill Up's reviews together I think they paint the picture overall.

It should have been a Valhalla farewell expansion. Treating it like a full game with full game pricing is *really* pushing it.

My standard: Odyssey was probably the best of this cycle building off a solid Origins. I'd love to have another one like that.

Syndicate doesn't get nearly enough love, either.
It's not full price..its 50$. And its suppose to be like the old AC games not Valhalla.. Ever since AC games went RPG route they have sucked.

like this
It's not full price..its 50$. And its suppose to be like the old AC games not Valhalla.. Ever since AC games went RPG route they have sucked.

I've enjoyed it so far. 3-4 hours of my free time disappeared pretty fast so it's doing something right.

Got this for free with my A380 that's not being used for gaming. Not sure if it will make it out of the backlog if I'm being honest.

I've enjoyed it so far. 3-4 hours of my free time disappeared pretty fast so it's doing something right.
Keep posting. I want to hear about your experience. I’ll probably buy this at some point, but life stuff is getting in the way.

My favourites were Odyssey, Origins, Black Flag, Unity, and the one that took place in America. They’re all fun.

Game is absolutely dope af right now. Reminds me a lot of Origins and AC2. For me that is a great thing plus I wanted to see Basim's story since Odyssey. This one is delivering. Glad I picked it up on Day 1. Strong recommend for the first 2 hours I have played.

Fuck the RPG crap and souls like gameplay that everyone on the internet wants. I want a simple game where I plan and execute idiots and listen to great music and see the sights.

Fuck the RPG crap and souls like gameplay that everyone on the internet wants. I want a simple game where I plan and execute idiots and listen to great music and see the sights.

Honestly the games with planning are often "harder" than the ones that require randomized trial and error. And kill 50 animals to upgrade your sword damage by 3% isn't hard it is just tedious. If this game cuts that stuff out, then it is a good thing IMO.

I’m going to start this game today, after a really difficult week. I had Covid, and because my mom is with me now (she’s 89), she got Covid too. It was just a tough week.

I’m hoping to escape into this title. Ultimately, isn’t that one of the chief reasons we game. Just to get lost in that other world?

I think this is the reason I like these Ubisoft games so much. I just like to escape into the worlds they create for us.

I’m going to start this game today, after a really difficult week. I had Covid, and because my mom is with me now (she’s 89), she got Covid too. It was just a tough week.

I’m hoping to escape into this title. Ultimately, isn’t that one of the chief reasons we game. Just to get lost in that other world?

I think this is the reason I like these Ubisoft games so much. I just like to escape into the worlds they create for us.
I loaded up Valhalla again. This game is pretty lame IMO. 20 hours of gameplay. I’ve got over 200 in Valhalla and I’m not even done with it. Plus, England in Valhalla I can really get lost in. Even simple things like the music in Valhalla is better. You can really tell this game is a half effort that -really- should have been a $40 dlc for Valhalla.

like this
I loaded up Valhalla again. This game is pretty lame IMO. 20 hours of gameplay. I’ve got over 200 in Valhalla and I’m not even done with it. Plus, England in Valhalla I can really get lost in. Even simple things like the music in Valhalla is better. You can really tell this game is a half effort that -really- should have been a $40 dlc for Valhalla.
Whenever someone says that the Ubisoft open worlds are just cut and paste jobs I know they’re not actually playing the games.

The world of Valhalla is crafted. There were times I was on my mount that I’d just ride for a good 30 minutes straight in virtually one direction and everything I’d see would fascinate me.

I'm putting this game on the backburner until they release a patch to disable chromatic aberration. Their use of it is really bad and annoys the hell out of my eyes. I just wish the fad of it being added into almost every game like a tick box feature to add would be over already. A bad blur filter is not a feature. Maybe once I've finished Like a Dragon: Ishni there will be an option.

Last edited:
Whenever someone says that the Ubisoft open worlds are just cut and paste jobs I know they’re not actually playing the games.

The world of Valhalla is crafted. There were times I was on my mount that I’d just ride for a good 30 minutes straight in virtually one direction and everything I’d see would fascinate me.

With UbI bigger equals more substance to them behind closed doors. They can show the world how big a map is while the Average gamer is just friggin bored.

They had two copies of Mirage for the Ps5 a at Walmart. I didn't have the funds to buy one one sold the other day.

They don't play their games because they know it's a waste of their time and just vacation in Cancun instead for inspiration.

I just found the code in the regular launch edition of the game for PS5 40 thieves the code expires on 11/12/2030
I thought you had to buy the deluxe edition glad I can still play the game and the Quest I mean it's the only Quest I care about really.

Update guess it redeemed was worried because it gave a option to download it then the screen vanished on me. IMG_20231022_120118118.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had time to try this game in my new space for my Ps5. The parkour is great I never played previous game so seemlessly smooth and good looking. Waiting on my Red electroplated cover today. Picked up a 15 foot HDMI cable so it could reach my monitor. Picked up a longer optical cable connected to my Katana sound bar. But then I realized it just goes from my monitor to my sound bar my old one would of worked I might take it back.

Assassin's Creed® Mirage_20231102102330.jpg

You start the game in this area actually which looks way better than the dirt and rocks city.

Assassin's Creed® Mirage_20231102092726.jpg

You have to get pass this Ass which is Prologue stuff.

Last edited:
This game is way better than Origins and Odyssey so far starts off like whatever.
It's a upgrade to pervious games for sure

Did they release the patch that adds a toggle for chromatic aberration yet?

Reactions: zehoo
like this
Did they release the patch that adds a toggle for chromatic aberration yet?

Assassin's Creed Mirage patch 1.0.5

Assassin's Creed Mirage patch 1.0.5 will be deployed tomorrow across all platforms, adding an option to enable/disable chromatic aberration...tomorrow's patch will also include various visual improvements and animation fixes as well as stability improvements and more...in addition, the update will pack various bug fixes, quest fixes, and PS5-specific fixes, including a fix for time tracking, and button mapping...

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...M2La/ac-mirage-title-update-105-release-notes

Back