Asking for help from fellow BFG 6800 GT owners

well today i got my new BFG 6800 GT !! :)

was all happy till i put it in the comp .... damn card is dead !!

mobo says all is good on boot .... but monitor says no signal :(

tryed it in another comp ... same thing ..... this fooking sucks !! wait a month to get it and now it shows up dead !!..... called BFG ... they said it will be atleast 2 weeks before they even get more in to RMA the card :mad:

anyways ... what im asking for help on is this .... i need a stock bios for this card .

hopping that if i reflash the card i could bring it to life .

please if anyone would be nice enough to post a stock bios for me i would REALLY be thankfull !! ( i am trying everything i can think of to make this card work )

help

unc

I'd seriously wait until you can RMA that sucker. Since flashing usually voids warranties. And if I remember correctly, the BIOS can differ from manufacturer to manufacturer and there generally isn't a "stock BIOS" (correct me if I'm wrong). Wouldn't want to plunk down a heap o' cash for that card, then not be able to get it replaced!

Viro

uncontroled said:
this fooking sucks !! wait a month to get it and now it shows up dead

Definate bummer. It's like waiting for Christmas morning and when it finally arrives you find a note under the tree that it has been postponed until mid/late January. Damn u Santa Claus! :(

You said u tried a different computer, did that mean with a different monitor too? If you used the same monitor you might want to see if a VGA pin broke off. I've had this happen before.

You said u tried a different computer, did that mean with a different monitor too? If you used the same monitor you might want to see if a VGA pin broke off. I've had this happen before.[/QUOTE]

yea .... 3 comps & 3 monitors .... all the same thing :(

makes you want to choke the life out of someone .... but hey .

thanks for the reply's !!

well just talked to BFG( again) .... turns out they have NONE not even in there test comps .... yea they sent those out as well .

so someone got a used card .

anyways they say it will be atleast 2 weeks before they get any new cards in :(

and will cost me 15$ to RMA the card through them . ( so much for getting a good deal on the card )

so im not sure what to do with this damn thing .

Probably a dumb question but, is the power connector hooked up? :D

Hey, you never know! lol

uncontroled said:
well just talked to BFG( again) .... turns out they have NONE not even in there test comps .... yea they sent those out as well .

so someone got a used card .

anyways they say it will be atleast 2 weeks before they get any new cards in :(

and will cost me 15$ to RMA the card through them . ( so much for getting a good deal on the card )

so im not sure what to do with this damn thing .

Where did you buy it? From BFG? I had a 5900 die on me that i purchased @Newegg and they didn't charge me a thing to RMA it. I had to give them a CC number for authorization but they even paid return shipping.
If you bought it retail or online ask for a refund and get an eVGA. They have had them instock for awhile.

-freon- said:
Probably a dumb question but, is the power connector hooked up? :D

Hey, you never know! lol

yea it was pluged in .... if it isnt the card screams at you with a load noise.

Question.. why do you need a "stock BIOS" to RMA this thing, eh??

Any modding going on? LOL..

Not that I care, but your story sounds "funny" :p

uncontroled said:
got it from BESTBUY online.
Just return it at your local Best Buy and order the eVGA. With what you probably paid in tax you can get 2nd day air and a free FarCry game.

uncontroled said:
well today i got my new BFG 6800 GT !! :)

was all happy till i put it in the comp .... damn card is dead !!

mobo says all is good on boot .... but monitor says no signal :(

tryed it in another comp ... same thing ..... this fooking sucks !! wait a month to get it and now it shows up dead !!..... called BFG ... they said it will be atleast 2 weeks before they even get more in to RMA the card :mad:

anyways ... what im asking for help on is this .... i need a stock bios for this card .

hopping that if i reflash the card i could bring it to life .

please if anyone would be nice enough to post a stock bios for me i would REALLY be thankfull !! ( i am trying everything i can think of to make this card work )

help

unc

Put the working video card in and uninstall the drivers. Use Driver Cleaner to get rid of any leftovers. Shut the machine down. Unplug cable connection if your using one. Install the 6800 and it should boot.

There was a sizeable stack of BFG GT OC cards at the Fry's here in Seattle. (Picked one up yesterday.) Take your card back to Best Buy and order one like the others have said.

yeah and as a note, video cards should have 30 days to return them as they are a computer part/accessory, not a computer.

Did you forget to conenct the power adapter from the power supply? The card wont work if you didnt.

I accidentaly forgot to do this, and realized it while putting on my side window.

You will also get a black screen if you monitor cannot handle the defualt res and more importantly the refresh rate at that resolution of the card. HAve you tried booting to safe mode where you can lower the res then reboot and ramp it up?

Sorry to hear it. Mine just arrived today at 02:38pm, wife was home and it's in the house. I'm still at work.
I'm going to back up my machine first.

I dunno, I plan on downloading an installing the newest Nvidia driver that was just certified a few days ago. Then if I take out my 5900XT and put in the 6800GT, it should work right?

The stuff that comes from BFG is just to OC the card and monitor it.
The driver should be from Nvidia.

NoGodForMe said:
Sorry to hear it. Mine just arrived today at 02:38pm, wife was home and it's in the house. I'm still at work.
I'm going to back up my machine first.

I dunno, I plan on downloading an installing the newest Nvidia driver that was just certified a few days ago. Then if I take out my 5900XT and put in the 6800GT, it should work right?

The stuff that comes from BFG is just to OC the card and monitor it.
The driver should be from Nvidia.

Yep, swapin the cards should work fine with Nvidia drivers, and BFG uses only the referance drivers there is nothing special in the box from them specificly from BFG.

Thanks for the advice.
That's exactly what I did.
I backed up the machine.
Downloaded NvidiaForceware6172 drivers from the site and saved it.
Un-installed the Nvidia drivers from the Add/Remove menu.
Powered down the machine, removed the old card.
Put the 6800GT OC in making sure it was seated properly.
Re-connected the power connector.
Rebooted the machine, it came up.
Installed the new drivers, it defaulted to the lowest res.
Set the res up, put my refresh rate up, did the cool bits hack, and began testing.

Well, I hope this guy has better luck when he gets it all sorted out.

yea ... the card has to go back ..... im just 1 of those very unlucky basterds to get a 400$ paper weight !!

it is for sure DOA !!

and NO i didnt do anything to it ..... no chance too. :(

fan spins, power plug alarm all work .... just no signal output to the monitor ... Dead, Dead ,Dead !!! :mad:

maybe somthing is telling me i should have gone ATI .... LOL !!! ;)

NO ... i got it right just unlucky.

how come noone thinks that BFG not keeping stock for RMA's is lame? I keep hearing about this 'great' support they have, but that is very weak that they don't have supply for these kinds of issues.

eVga keeps stock of cards for RMA's. it's only a 1 year warranty, but still nice to know you don't have to wait weeks for a replacement.

uncontrolled: find and download Nvflash 4.42. Download that rom and put it on a boot floppy.

from a dos prompt:

nvflash.exe -f BFG.ROM -p -u -2 and hit enter. The 'num lock', 'caps lock' and 'scroll lock' will flash for about 5 seconds. Wait another 15 seconds and reboot the computer.

it can't hurt, and it's the same rom you already have on there.

HELL YEAAAA !!

THANKS to Felix88 & Zombie10k i brought my BFG6800GT to life !!!!!! :D

i had a feeling that just the bios was messed in it.

thanx guys you ROCK !!

REALLY ... THANX ALOT !

now ... the only problem is the bios posted was a standerd nvidia 6800 GT bios .
core clocks 350 mem 1.0g

so as before im still asking .... can someone back up there stock bios for the BFG6800GT
and post it here please .

i would really be thankfull .

and BIG thanx go out to all fellow [H]er's that replyed to this post .

HAILS !

thats odd. the BIOS i posted earlier is the original BIOS from my BFG 6800GT OC. i never really paid attention to the default clocks when i installed it. i simply overclocked it to 430/1170 right out of the box, but i guess they did default to 350MHz on the core.

felix88 said:
thats odd. the BIOS i posted earlier is the original BIOS from my BFG 6800GT OC. i never really paid attention to the default clocks when i installed it. i simply overclocked it to 430/1170 right out of the box, but i guess they did default to 350MHz on the core.

no biggy felix88 .... was very greatfull that you posted it for me .

thanx man !

uncontroled said:
HELL YEAAAA !!

THANKS to Felix88 & Zombie10k i brought my BFG6800GT to life !!!!!! :D

i had a feeling that just the bios was messed in it.

thanx guys you ROCK !!

REALLY ... THANX ALOT !

now ... the only problem is the bios posted was a standerd nvidia 6800 GT bios .
core clocks 350 mem 1.0g

so as before im still asking .... can someone back up there stock bios for the BFG6800GT
and post it here please .

i would really be thankfull .

and BIG thanx go out to all fellow [H]er's that replyed to this post .

HAILS !

hey glad to hear it! now your set for D3!

Back