Asetek Waterchill Antarctica

Retupmoc

n00b
Quick question before I rush into things...

Should I get the Asetek Antarctica - KT03A-L30 (Dual Rad) with the GPU cooler and then get a Lian Li PC-V1000 or should I spend about the same amount of money and get a nVentic Prometeia Mach 1

I was with an Aquarius II watercooling and the was gay shiz... never again... so I went with the Vantec Aeroflow and its great... just I'm ready to go bigger.

And as for my ATI 9800 Pro I just Vmod the thing and its doing great... just I need to get rid of the heat. I can do 500mhz or more with the thing at 1.92v... just bad pixelation and such... it'll do 475+/- with some or little artifacts... all with my Artic Cooler VGA Silencer Rev .1.

So is it worth getting the Asetek antarctica for that little performance and lower cooling... or go way low with the Prometeia? As we all know... the M0 core like the vapo/prometeia and would like to see it on one... as it will do 3.7 to 3.78 at 1.6v or 1.7v.

Josh

Any all in one box waterccoling kit is going to suck for a number of reasons. Low ID tubing, small radiators, weak pumps, and blocks that arent as good as DTeks, SwiftTechs, or Danger Dens offerings. You can put together an awesome perfoming setup that kicks the shot out of any boxed kit and usually the setup you piece together will be cheaper. I also cant understand why you would even consider another kit based watercooling kit after realizing the first kit base set you bought sucked. Get a Danger Den TDX or SwiftTech 6002 block, a single or double heatercore from Danger Den, some 1/2" ID tubing, and a nice pump like the Danner Mag 3 and you will be much better off and walk away with more money than you would if you bought a kit.

Or just go with the Vapo you're looking at which will most definately outperform any watercooling setup.

Thanks for you input...

Say I did get the Vapo... what shall we cool the GPU with... a cheapo watercooling... or say get a little GPU watercooler block and maybe set the Aquarius on it.

Retupmoc said:
or should I spend about the same amount of money and get a nVentic Prometeia Mach 1 Josh

You do know that Chip Con / Nventive went bankrupt and is out of business, right? Even their website is gone. If it were me I wouldn't mess with a unit I couldn't get service on anymore.

I would just stick to H2O. Can't deal with the extra heat those extreme coolers puts out :)
Think of having nice room heater churning around 600w or so total. You get the picture.
BTW, the case... I am so hasitant to cut my case.... I would rather get something cheaper for case if you plan to cut ur case for H2O. (not to mention this case has THICK aluminum which will be harder to cut)
Something in line of full tower with 120mm places so u don't have to cut much and not too xpensive is my suggestion. It also helps with extra room for the potential MB changes etc when u have so many tubing going around.

Back