Aren't you guys a little... hesitant on the Prescott?

Northwood was kinda like this too. All the sudden it hit all at once. There werent too many leaks. I remember b/c I was one of the 1st people to get a 1.6a and OC it to 2.4 no problem. When they were only selling 2.2a's at the time.

Kinda like now with my 2.4c at 3.6 when they're only selling 3.2's

Damn that last link is showing the 3.4 running at 4.2
... and the 3.2 running at 4.0.

The screenies look quite legit. I hope this is what is to come.
From what I gather, this could be about right.

/me crosses fingers

Psyko M.

i'm glad i bought my 2.8c (running 3.5 stable 100%). it seems the prescott is signif. worse ipc than northwood.

Originally posted by pakotlar
i'm glad i bought my 2.8c (running 3.5 stable 100%). it seems the prescott is signif. worse ipc than northwood.

No, look closer.

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U
I accually Think prescott will be good to go ;) I cant wait

yep! same here! i'm definately buying one in april, after LGA.

Those benches show prescott @ 3.2 AS FAST as northwood @ 3.4 on super PI.

Also in the same test it shows prescott marginally FASTER @ 3.9 Ghz compared to the Northwood 3.9Ghz. Prescott 3.9 even beat northwood at 4.2ghz.

Also note, it seems prescott is slower on the synthetic benchmarks, which isnt suprising. Alot of benchmarks are just that, synthetic.

BUT in the real world performance they showed, it was the opposite, the prescott seems to be a fair bit faster then northwood at same speed, I want to see some other real benchmarks.

I'm not that impressed by the 4ghz overclock, as it's achieved with a prometia mach II... People are going over 4ghz with northwoods. Ofcourse it could be an earlier revision then what they will be releasing.

Personally I would'nt be suprised if the first revisions of the prescott sucked, but I'm sure intel will manage to sort it out very shortly even if that did happen.

Originally posted by dropadrop
I'm not that impressed by the 4ghz overclock, as it's achieved with a prometia mach II... People are going over 4ghz with northwoods. Ofcourse it could be an earlier revision then what they will be releasing.

Personally I would'nt be suprised if the first revisions of the prescott sucked, but I'm sure intel will manage to sort it out very shortly even if that did happen.

True - No wonder why Intel is set to promote BTX form factor which is supposed to improve aiflow and make air cooling more effective.

Also note that these examples run alot hotter than the northwood, around 10-15C higher, and it looks like its the release versions they are using.

Back