ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

Ive got an HX-650w PSU in there, so it should be more than enough. I tried swapping in a 1000w to no avail. I called areca and they said the card is most likely bad, so i RMA'd it. I give a status update when I get the new one in.

I have had a very similar experience and curious how yours resulted cause I just got RMA# from Tekram. Build my rig in Sept 2010 and have been running off Areca 1680i + HP SAS Expander a 8x2TB Hitachi Raid-6 and 4xTB Raid-5 in a Norco 4224. Motherboard is evga 680i SLI, Q6600 2.4Ghz, Enermax Inifiniti 720, 6 GB RAM running W2K 08r2. (also been on UPS since day 1)

Background
A few weeks ago the controller started freezing anytime a large file(s) greater than 1-2GB is transferred to/from the array. The light stays on on the card and the raid drive becomes frozen and unusable - but I can still access drives not on the raid adapter and windows continues to run. Windows issues event 129 Reset to device \Device\RaidPort3 was issued. There have also been Event 11 The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. There are no events registered in the cards event buffer. During this the ethernet web interface to the card fails to be accessible to see what is happening with the array. Only a hard reboot restarts the array until a large file is transferred and it freezes again. I have swapped nics and tried different firmwares and drivers with same problem. This problem started about 2-3 weeks ago without any HW or SW changes to the system - and the system has been on a UPS. I even tried a fresh OS install, short of swapping out to a 1000W power supply and nothing solved it. I started the volume check process but have not yet completed, but dont see how a parity issue in Raid 6 would freeze the entire card - correct me if Im wrong.

Diagnosis
While the power problem is plausible as to why card freezes under load I don't know why it would start after a year of perfect operation on mostly new hardware and decent power to 12 total drives which cant be much more than 100Watts of use.

From Areca support "it sounds like a defected controller if it stop response after crash."

Areca support sent me to Tekram who issued me an RMA. Im in the middle of scrambling to backup the 8TBs before I ship out the card. Jacked costs of HDDs arent exactly helping.

?
I'm very curious as to other people's experience in dealing with Areca RMA process during the 1-3 year period. It says 3 year warranty but some fine print about anything over a year may incur costs.

Also curious what typical turnaround is so I know how long I may be out of commission and if I want to rebuild on a newer 1880 or 1882 or other brand.

EDIT: I never had any power messages however.

Last edited:
After reading some times about purple screen of death (PSOD) with Areca controller and VMware ESXi we have the same problems here with our Supermicro Server (16 drive expander backplane), an Areca 1880 and ESXi 4.1. It is not on a regular basis so it´s hard to find out what triggers these PSOD´s. On the purple diagnosis screen is the clear reference to the areca driver...
We are using the newest firmware and driver from Areca. Although the performance and the LAN diagnosis makes this controller may favorite choice we have to move to different controllers for our new ESXi servers until this is fixed. Reliability is the most important feature together with ESXi hosts....

After reading some times about purple screen of death (PSOD) with Areca controller and VMware ESXi we have the same problems here with our Supermicro Server (16 drive expander backplane), an Areca 1880 and ESXi 4.1. It is not on a regular basis so it´s hard to find out what triggers these PSOD´s. On the purple diagnosis screen is the clear reference to the areca driver...
We are using the newest firmware and driver from Areca. Although the performance and the LAN diagnosis makes this controller may favorite choice we have to move to different controllers for our new ESXi servers until this is fixed. Reliability is the most important feature together with ESXi hosts....

Hope I'm not jinxing myself but I've been fortunate to not see this PSOD but twice ever. And that was on only one system. It happened before kicking out a failing drive and since the drive was replaced I've not had it happen again.

Are there any issues with the array after the reboot? Does the areca log show anything? Have you packaged up the crash dump support bundle and sent it off to either areca or vmware?

Just FYI in case this wasn't answered before, I asked Areca support...
If I have a working array on a 1680i card and am thinking about upgrading.
Can I replace the 1680 with an 1880 or 1882 and have the exact same array recognized by the new card? (I dont want to lose the array and rebuild)

Answer from Areca:
array roaming is supported, you can move an exist array betwen 1680 and 188x without reconfigure it.
the only possible problem is driver support ability. older driver versions may support 1680 only but not the new 188x card. please make sure your system have latest driver to be able to recognize new cards. you will not able to access the data in array if your system do not able to recognize new card.

AKA install the latest drivers on your host system prior to swapping cards.

I went from 1680x to 1880i without issue.

Take a backup first :)

Yeah, update drivers before the card. Makes complete sense but I know some people end up overlooking it. See it with nvidia unified drivers on video cards when people upgrade.

Yeah, update drivers before the card. Makes complete sense but I know some people end up overlooking it. See it with nvidia unified drivers on video cards when people upgrade.

Also, make sure both cards are up to the latest firmware (all 4 firmware files).

Wow. Holy crap, I am doing something very very wrong then, I get MAYBE 600-700MBps reads right now. What FS are you using and are you aligning your partitions? I can't get anywhere near that with XFS or EXT4. I am using a single chassis and a single port on the 1880 at the moment, the next step will be splitting the drives on the chassis down the middle and driving it over both channels though, good to know I will get a speed increase there.

partitions aren't specially aligned just created with parted. This is with JFS but I would expect XFS to be just as fast. You should be able to max out at around 900-1000 MB/sec if your running off just a single SFF-8087/8088 link as its 1200 MB/sec of bandwidth but in the 900-1000 with overhead (this is assuming 3gbps link and not 6).

Also what are you using to test speeds? I have found very few apps can support very high speed for testing (even dd) unless they bypass the cache/emmory buffer and use direct I/O (IE: dd iflag=direct or oflag=direct).

A couple weeks ago a stink bug carcass got lodged in my PSU fan somehow. Well, the fan stopped, and the PSU got really damn hot and smelled burnt. I got a 3.3 V warning from the RAID card. I shut down right away. Then my motherboard started acting weird. It showed in BIOS my 3 RAM sticks, but wouldn't show the full 12GB capacity anywhere the memory size is reported. I got that resolved. It's been stable since then. But today, my RAID card started going berserk. It's showing 50 celsius for the CPU and 46 for the board. The 12V it is reporting is rather low. It fluctuates between 11.612 and 11.673. If I actually measure the 12V line with a DMM, I get a nice 11.96V. The system will be fine until I start trying to use the card. The whole system will lock up for a few seconds, then unfreeze. At one point I got the message about my video card "restarting" itself. All during this time the card is totally inaccessible [through the ethernet interface]. I don't use the proxy software. What should I try first? I'd really like to narrow it down to not being the card. It's not even a year old. The PSU is the oldest, and the motherboard I got open box through Newegg. I would rather just find another cause than the card, so I don't have to deal with an RMA.

A couple weeks ago a stink bug carcass got lodged in my PSU fan somehow. Well, the fan stopped, and the PSU got really damn hot and smelled burnt. I got a 3.3 V warning from the RAID card. I shut down right away. Then my motherboard started acting weird. It showed in BIOS my 3 RAM sticks, but wouldn't show the full 12GB capacity anywhere the memory size is reported. I got that resolved. It's been stable since then. But today, my RAID card started going berserk. It's showing 50 celsius for the CPU and 46 for the board. The 12V it is reporting is rather low. It fluctuates between 11.612 and 11.673. If I actually measure the 12V line with a DMM, I get a nice 11.96V. The system will be fine until I start trying to use the card. The whole system will lock up for a few seconds, then unfreeze. At one point I got the message about my video card "restarting" itself. All during this time the card is totally inaccessible [through the ethernet interface]. I don't use the proxy software. What should I try first? I'd really like to narrow it down to not being the card. It's not even a year old. The PSU is the oldest, and the motherboard I got open box through Newegg. I would rather just find another cause than the card, so I don't have to deal with an RMA.

Which board do you have? The CPU on my 1880 is generally around 50C and the controller temp is usually 50-54C. In any case, I would replace that power supply ASAP as a first step.

Which board do you have? The CPU on my 1880 is generally around 50C and the controller temp is usually 50-54C. In any case, I would replace that power supply ASAP as a first step.

I have the ARC-1222. I guess I will order a PSU. It's not like it's something that can't be used in a newer build.

I ordered a 560W PSU, a new motherboard, a i7-2500k, and an additional stick of RAM. Maybe I can get more voltage to the RAID card without a dedicated GPU. I'd imagine even though they need an input, they do take some power from the PCI-e bus.

Do you guys think 16 * 3TB Hitachi 7k3000 drives in raid 6 is too many with an Areca 1880 series card? I'm currently at capacity with 12 * 3TB and am about to add four more drives, but I'm struggling with online expansion vs. starting a new array. FWIW, I have full offline backups of all my data.

Do you guys think 16 * 3TB Hitachi 7k3000 drives in raid 6 is too many with an Areca 1880 series card? I'm currently at capacity with 12 * 3TB and am about to add four more drives, but I'm struggling with online expansion vs. starting a new array. FWIW, I have full offline backups of all my data.

I personally like to limit raid6 arrays to 12 drives where using greater than 2GB drives. As long as you have full trusted backups, 16 is not unheard of nor is it irresponsible. Since you are needing to expand now at least 4 drives, and probably will need more in the future, I would suggest leaving the 12 drive array you have now and build a second array with 6 drives, yielding you 12GB usable now which you can expand on.

I have two identical SuperMicro 1U servers, each with an ARC-1680X.

One card failed, was RMA'd, has been working since it came back (same card, not a replacement.). It shows the fan speed. The other system doesn't, although I've verified that the fan is spinning. Anyone have thoughts? Both systems hit 60C on occasion, never over 65.

System A
CPU Temperature 58 ºC
Controller Temp. 58 ºC
CPU Fan 0 RPM
12V 11.795 V
5V 4.999 V
3.3V 3.312 V
DDR-II +1.8V 1.824 V
PCI-E +1.8V 1.824 V
CPU +1.8V 1.824 V
CPU +1.2V 1.168 V
DDR-II +0.9V 0.896 V

System B (repaired)
CPU Temperature 55 ºC
Controller Temp. 56 ºC
CPU Fan 2537 RPM
12V 11.856 V
5V 5.053 V
3.3V 3.328 V
DDR-II +1.8V 1.808 V
PCI-E +1.8V 1.792 V
CPU +1.8V 1.808 V
CPU +1.2V 1.216 V
DDR-II +0.9V 0.896 V
Battery Status Not Installed

TIA, PM
Battery Status Not Installed

Hi all, first time poster long time lurker :)

If you're referring to the post on the VMWare forums, that was probably mine :) A 1680 driver problem combined with the settings on the card it would seem caused this. I finally did fix it using certain settings, but yeah the reliability question is always in the back of my mind.

I had my 1680i fail on me recently in my Intel ESXi server running 4.1U1. It froze solid, couldn't even be accessed through the OOB management. Since I boot using USB, the ESXi management plane was fine, just the datastore was dead. Hard rebooted the box and it came back, no issues.

Areca said the card needs to be replaced and since Areca doesn't do advanced replacement I ordered an 1882i to swap out while it's gone. When the 1680 comes back I'll put it in my other server. Areca and Tekram said the move from 1680 to 1882i should be seamless provided I've put all the right drivers in.

My only concern is the supposed driver issues with the 1882i... especially in ESXi 5.0. Anyone here have any feedback running the 1882i with ESXi 4.1U1 or 5.0? I am tempted to wait until ESXi has a few more patches and updates before moving off of 4.1 to 5... but I had thought of making the move during the outage window I am taking.

-J

Does anyone know which memory stick work? I am looking for a 4GB module. Thanks!
Hi, there are no supported 4GB ECC modules yet.

Areca support gave me this info last Desember: "Controllers support 1Rx8 (512Mx 8-bit) not 1Rx4 (512Mx 4-bit). It is processor limitation. "

Nobody makes memory modules with such memory chips yet afaik.

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get a little assistance from the Areca gurus here.

I just picked up an ARC-1880 from ebay and have 4xHitachi 5K3000 2TB drives attached to it. I'm using an SFF-8087(mini-sas) to 4xSATA fanout cable.

I've upgraded the Bootrom; Firmware; and BIOS to the latest v1.49 package on Arecas website.

The issue I'm having is that the card is acting as though no drives are connected to it. It doesn't see any of them. I've tried both SFF8087 ports on the card.

One other thing - during POST the areca shows this message: "No BIOS disk found. RAID Controller BIOS not installed!" - however, I was able to successfully flash the latest BIOS and the system info of the card is visible through both the bootup/POST menu and via the ArcHTTP utility in Windows. (I'm running Server 2008 R2 x64 if that matters).

Any advice on what to do? The card *seems* fine other than the fact that it doesnt see any of the drives. This is driving me crazy!!!.

Thanks!
SoN][c

Last edited:
My guess would be that your mini-sas fanout cable might be reverse breakout, unless you've already used that particular cable with another raid card and it worked fine, in which case I'd say the card is dead...

Don't worry about that message about the bios not being loaded, it does that automatically if no bootable arrays (INT13) are available to save option ROM space.

My guess would be that your mini-sas fanout cable might be reverse breakout, unless you've already used that particular cable with another raid card and it worked fine, in which case I'd say the card is dead...

Don't worry about that message about the bios not being loaded, it does that automatically if no bootable arrays (INT13) are available to save option ROM space.

Hi Alamone,

Thanks for the quick reply. I didnt even realize there is such a thing as "reverse" breakout. I thought they're just passive cables - whats the difference?

Anyways - the package the cable came in says "Int.mini-SAS (device) to-4*SATA cable".

Does the device being mentioned on the SAS side mean its reverse breakout?

Cheers
SoN][c

That should be the correct cable - forward breakout cable.

Reverse breakout has 4xSATA for the raid card, 1xSAS connector for the backplane.
Most raid cards have SAS connectors so forward breakout is the more common.

That should be the correct cable - forward breakout cable.

Reverse breakout has 4xSATA for the raid card, 1xSAS connector for the backplane.
Most raid cards have SAS connectors so forward breakout is the more common.

Does (device) in brackets next to the SAS mean maybe thats the backplane side and this is a reverse breakout cable afterall? Shouldn't it say HOST on the SAS side? hmmm...
(The package the cable came in says "Int.mini-SAS (device) to-4*SATA cable")

Last edited:
Depends on the interpretation of "device" I guess.
I'd try another cable before giving up on the card.

is anyone using these drives
Western Digital Caviar Green WD30EZRX, 3TB

Want to buy them for my areca 1880ix-24

Last edited:
I just picked up a ARC-1882-IX-12 and I'm using it to boot my Mac Pro...it came with firmware 1.49 and I noticed 1.50 is available from Areca. Questions:

1) Are there any real "gotchas" when upgrading the Areca firmware when I'm booting from that Raid card?

2) Also, any reason not to upgrade when 1.49 is working fine?

3) Upgrade procedures....do I have to upgrade the 4 individual files one at a time or do I just use the GUI interface and browse to the one folder containing the four files?

Thanks in advance,
mluters

I just picked up a ARC-1882-IX-12 and I'm using it to boot my Mac Pro...it came with firmware 1.49 and I noticed 1.50 is available from Areca. Questions:

1) Are there any real "gotchas" when upgrading the Areca firmware when I'm booting from that Raid card?

2) Also, any reason not to upgrade when 1.49 is working fine?

3) Upgrade procedures....do I have to upgrade the 4 individual files one at a time or do I just use the GUI interface and browse to the one folder containing the four files?

Thanks in advance,
mluters

1. Always have a full backup in place at all times, but especially when upgrading.
2. No.
3. You upgrade all 4 files, one at a time. I usually do it BIOS, BOOT, FIRM and then MBR0.

Never had any problems updating the firmware. You can look through the release notes to see if anything pertinent to you has changed and decide whether or not it's worth upgrading. As for the process itself, you do one file at a time, but you can do one after the other and only reboot at the very end (all through the GUI if you'd like).

Cli working for Areca Raid, McRAID isn't - Long post.

I've had continual problems trying to establish consistent McRAID connectivity to my array (7 1TB Samsung HD103UJ drives - yes I know they are problematic and not compatible with SAS Raid Card according to Disk Compatibility Document from Areca; but work find. I did disable NCQ and readahead using ArcCLI64 interface). When I upgrade firmware to 1.50 and reinstall McRaid accessed by ArcHTTP64 script it works fine - I access controller interface at http://0.0.0.0:81, and the controller at http://0.0.0.0:82. However, after I quit browser (either Safari or Firefox), I can no longer access either. I have been working on this for days (long story). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specific System: Macpro 3.1 (early 2008); Dual 28 GHz processors; 16 GB Ram; Proavio 8 bay SAS enclosure. Using Areca 1882xi-12, and using external 8088 port and one internal 8087-8088 cable to mount the array. Everything looks nominal using ARCCli64 reporting, the array is mounted, and in normal condition. I am using an Nvidia GTX-285 display card, and my CPU temps on the Areca are ~ 57-58C.

Addendum: Net info shows:
DHCP : Disabled
Local IP Address(Used If DHCP Disabled) : 192.168.1.99
Gateway IP Address(Used If DHCP Disabled) : 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask(Used If DHCP Disabled) : 255.255.255.0
HTTP Port Number(7168..8191 Is Reserved) : 80
Telnet Port Number(7168..8191 Is Reserved) : 23
SMTP Port Number(7168..8191 Is Reserved) : 25
Current IP Address : 192.168.1.99
EtherNet MAC Address : 00-1B-4D-10-88-D4

Another addendum: Connecting to the ethernet port on card allows McRaid to function normally when accessed using Local IP Address.....

Just reporting back my experience with the firmware upgrade.

I upgraded the 1882 firmware to 1.50 without any troubles...just had to reflash the MacEFI Bios in order to boot from it. Very easy procedures and everything seems to be working fine on the 2010 Mac Pro.

Thanks again for the info,
mluters

Possible solution to ArcHTTP64 crashing. Install_MRaid.app didn't install archttpsrv.conf file in ./

When I added WaitForDisk=60, and added .conf file to ./ worked.

Hi. I've been reading this thread for some time and now I have an issue and could use some help. I have a 7 drive RAID 6 on this card.

Yesterday I rebooted my server and the card hung on "waiting for F/W to become ready" until it reached 300/300 seconds. I rebooted again, same thing. I disconnected the BBU and the cables, same message. During the boot up I could ping the onboard management interface but only for a couple of seconds. I tried using different RAM, the card would either beep like crazy or not even be recognized when booting.

It has been working fine since I got it almost one year ago.

Looking through the system event viewer I found these errors over and over starting yesterday:
Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.
Areca RAID controller wait to abort all outstanding command timeout.
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

I do have an ARC-1220. Could I attach my drives to that and still see the RAID 6?

1680ix-16 with 1GB RAM
Supermicro X8DTi-LN4F-O
24 GB RAM
7 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 HD204UI in RAID 6 on the 1680ix-16
Windows 2008 R2
Boot drives attached to Intel controller

Thank you

Update: Looking through this thread I see I can't move from a SAS controller to a SATA controller and keep the array.

Last edited:
V1.50 Firmware Release Note (2012-02-16):

Add SSD Support and Fix ARC1880/1680 + LSI + Intel SSD

http://www.areca.us/support/download/RaidCards/BIOS_Firmware/release_note.zip

********* Change Log For V1.50 Firmware

2010-12-22
1 BOOT_WITH_PHY_DISABLED for 1880
(A) DHCP must be disabled
(B) IP should be leave unchanged (192.168.1.100)
(C) EtherNet port must be connected directly
(D) One controller is set to bootup with PHY disabled (spBootPhyDisabled=1)
(E) When spBootPhyDisabled is changed from 1 to 0, the controller will
send a command to inform other controller to stop its action and
wait for 10 seconds to receive the reply, then enable the PHY of the controller.
(F) Limitation:
CACHE may be lost if enabled
MIGRATION point may be lost if just in MIGRATING
REBUILDING point may be lost if just rebuilding, will restart from previous point

2010-12-29
1 FIX SNMP with MAX_ENCLOSURES not 8

2011-1-12
1 Add SUPPORT_ZIPPY_POWER for ARC1201

2011-1-20
1 Fix ARC1880 dual controller control

2011-1-24
1 Fix Raid5060 write through volume cannot be deleted after write

2011-1-27
1 Fix OfflineRiadSet:if raidset already spun down, no start/stop unit is required
2 Add SUPPORT_RAID1_BG_INIT (background initialization for raid 1)

2011-2-8
1 Fix ARC1880 EPCIE activity/status LED

2011-2-18
1 ARC1880:set HM_FAN_DIVISOR to 8 to support low RPM fans
2 ARC1880:RAID1 background init supported

2011-3-7
1 TCP.c __tcp_write:add timeout check (NESSUS security test ether net hang)

2011-3-7
1 Fix IOP3XX/MRVL5182 model pci HBA raid card with spin down in FreeBSD
incorrect sense data is sent to OS, OS need the correct sense data for error r ecovery

2011-3-15
1 VolumeInit is called after device initialization, if HDD insert is signaled
between HDD scan and HDD checkin may cause hang

2011-3-18
1 Fix ARC1680/1880+supermicro expander under voltage error reported.
supermicro report volatge code 1/5/6 dynamically. patch the code to treat 1/5/6 to no error

2011-3-23
1 Fix NESSUS cause CheckPassWord hang,

2011-3-24
1 Add cacheLock in rebuild.c to fix heavy loading may cause race
condition for cache allocation.
2 Add BSemaTakeH for rebuild.c to improve init/rebuilding speed

2011-3-29
1 Add COMPATIBLE_RAIDSET: to create old style raid set on new SAS controller
new style raidset:max 128 volumes
old style raidset:max 16 volumes

2011-4-7
1 Fix JBOD empty slot LED error in StaggerDelay routine use HM_LED_LOCATE1
2 CLEANUP_TASK_MGNT:fix HDD timeout and task management request from pl lib
need to clean up task management after AbortTask
3 PL library phase 9 is used (MPT and PL)

2011-4-8
1 ARC1880:add model name extension display
2 ARC1880:Add -4i/-8i support (no expander support)

2011-4-14
1 PCI SETTABLE_DATA_XFER_LEN
2 FIX_SAS_SATA_BRIDGE Fix SAStoSata bridge problem:LSI6G
3 Fix HDD temperature display problem

2011-4-22
1 Add ARC1880... SES2 code 5 (not installed for power and fan)

2011-5-10
1 Add log for Lost migration point if migration is aborted or stopped due to volume failed

2011-5-27
1 AJA_TUNING, remove OPTIMIZE_HD_EDIT
2 ARC1880:add DELL-MD1000 support
3 ARC1680:Add AJA support

2011-6-2
1 Fix All Model:CompleteRebuild, when aborting initializing and rebuilding
need to reset volInitLba to zero

2011-6-10
1 Add update EXPANDER firmware feature for ARC1880/8366... 6G models

2011-6-17
1 Add SUPPORT_PHY_CONTROL
(A) LSI6G model
(B) Marvell SATA (6081 model)
(C) TBD MRVL6145/LSI3G/IOP348
2 Show EXPANDER information on browser with clear PHY error log
(A) LSI6G model completed
(B) TBD LSI3G/IOP348
3 Add update expander firmware
(A) Supported for LSI 6G model controller and 6G expander
(B) 3G expander, there is probelm identifying data file ID ....

2011-6-23
1 LSI 6G model and pure SATA model:add SUPPORT_PHY_CONTROL

2011-6-24
1 SUPPORT_LARGE_BLOCK_IO

2011-6-30
1 LSISAS2208:fix L2 invalidate bug

2011-7-13
1 Fix ARC1880:model name error
2 Fix ARC1880:battery checking, need to set batFlag to 0 before read chip ID
3 Add SUPPORT_PM2_SETTING for ARC1880/1882
(A) The setting will take effect after next power cycle
(B) ARC1680:due to intel transport reject the PM2 enabled HDD, this feature cannot work with ARC1680

2011-7-15
1 Disable >= 256K stripe size support if HDDs do not support LBA48
2 Disable migration to >= 256K stripe if HDDs do not support LBA48

2011-7-22
1 Fix NEW_SMART_HDD_TEMP smart HDD temp value error in smart array

2011-7-26
1 Add SSD Support
2 Support RaidLevel 100 and RaidLevel 00
(http/vt100/gui/panel, for GUI, R00/R100 already supported)
3 Add RAID0 no init (rescue) feature for SSD guard feature
4 Add hot spare type
Original global hot spare is modified to global for separate disk type
Add global for All type
// 1. Local hot spare:do not check disk type
// 2. Local to ENC:check disk type
// 3. Global For Disk Type:check disk type
// 4. Global For All:do not check disk type
Hot plug auto rebuild-->SSD only rebuild SSD, HDD only rebuild HDD

2011-8-4
1 ARC1882:Add/fix SDRAM ECC handling and scrubbing
2 Fix ARC1882 with 1M stripe size and write through stack underflow

2011-8-5
1 Fix PM2 support for ARC1882/1880
2 Fix R5060 background init race condition with host access

2011-9-9
1 Hitachi HDD xfer rate programming
2 WD HDD Xfer Rate Control

2011-9-15
1 VOLUME_CHECK_ERROR_TYPE:to show volume check errors parity_error_count/media_error_count

2011-9-19
1 Fix SCSI write same program flow bug for more than 2TB

2011-9-22
1 Fix ARC1882:BIOS IO hang
2 Add support for SAS model with SATA Write Same ARC1680/1880/1882

2011-9-26
1 Fix ARC1680/1880:RWPassThrough problem with large read ahead

2011-9-28
1 Fix ARC1880/1680+LSI+Intel SSD

2011-10-17
1 Fix foreground init display percentage error

2011-11-3
1 Fix LSI PL library problem

2011-11-7
1 Fix LSI SAS problem of timer

2011-11-10
1 Fix PL Phase11 + LSI SAS_SATA bridge problem

2011-11-21
1 Cache structure redesign

2011-12-6
1 Fix ArcHttp update firmware protocol error

2011-12-9
1 IMPROVE_DISK_WT_REBUILD
3 SUPPORT_WRITE_PROTECT
4 PATCH_CAPACITY_FOR_NEW_STRIPE
5 Add display for volume info
7 PATCH_INTEL510_SSD

2012-1-4
1 Build V1.50 for some models with fixed bugs

Last edited:
Well I'm not happy with Seagate at the moment... On my Areca controller I had six ST3500320AS (500G, 32MB cache) drives in a RAID6 running good.

One drive failed.

Seagate replaced my 32MB cache disk with a ST3500413AS (500G, 16MB cache) and some sites list the ST3500413AS as an LP disk. Not even going to bother sticking it back in the system. Guess we'll see what they say on the phone.

Back