Are there any games that support 2+ local players?

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
A lot of people including me will argue that one big sticking point consoles have over PCs is that a lot of the games support multiple local players. I was wondering if this is still the case now that a lot of PC games support controllers and not just kbm like they used to. With Steam's big picture mode, support for multiple players could make many games such as Castle Crashers (which supports 4 players on console) just as good of an experience as playing it on Xbox.

Yeah, I am very interested in this topic as well, as I have my main gaming rig set up as an HTPC and like to play with friends on the big-screen with controllers. So I am always interested when new games with hot-seat modes become available. Here are a few of my favorietes which support split-screen or multiple characters on-screen at once on PC.

Blur - one of the only newer car-racing games I've found that has split-screen
Serious Sam 3 - only FPS I've found that supports split-screen MP/Co-op
Trine / Trine 2
Worms
Street Fighter
Castle Crashers - I picked this one up recently, haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has recommendations. I've seen several lists like the one limetedaccess posted, but most of those have tons of really old stuff so it's hard to tell what's actually new and good.

wow... didn't know that Serious Sam 3 has split screen multiplayer. Time to pick this title up next Steam sale. Is it only 2 player split or 4?

wow... didn't know that Serious Sam 3 has split screen multiplayer. Time to pick this title up next Steam sale. Is it only 2 player split or 4?

SS3 will go up to 4 players split-screen, though it does require a fairly beastly computer to keep it running at a decent frame-rate. It even has the option of using multiple sets of Mouse/KB, but I haven't figured out how to set that up correctly on my pc yet.

Well that is cool. I have an Xbox but the games off Steam are much cheaper. And just think next generation, I might even be able to get away without a console.

Back