are all the 780 brands for sale the same?

andre1992

Weaksauce
I decided I am going to buy a 780 gtx, but which one? are they all the same?

At the moment, they all use reference PCB by nVidia. The only differences are heatsink/fan on certain products, accessories and/or gift inclusions (eg. free software); certain models may be overclocked by default. Aside from that, warranties and extras.

EDIT: I should note that non-reference cards are soon to follow.

Last edited:
I decided I am going to buy a 780 gtx, but which one? are they all the same?
Usually on release yes, they all use the reference design and cooler. In time we will see custom cooler and custom pcbs, like MSI Lightnitng and Asus DirectCUII.

if your performance orientated, wait for the custom coolers in about a week i believe. once i get my 3770k from my dad for having a kid, im selling my 580 lightning and 3770k for a 780. the reference coolers is too sexy.

The Zotac GTX 780 comes with Splinter Cell Blacklist in case you're interested in receiving an unreleased game.

I'm going to go with 2 780s, I just can't decide if I should purchase now or wait and see if any faster, or larger memory models come out. Would you expect the non-reference boards to have models with heat sinks that exhaust the heat out the back like the reference?

Last edited:
hey guys is it possible that the coming radeon 8000 series will lets say...smoke the 780s?

Is it possible yes, most likely will be close, most gens go up about 20 to 30%, that's give or take what th gk110 was, so kinda expect in the same line, but who knows, they could do a breakthrough and pwn nvidia.

I have a month to decide. I leaning towards NVidia.

Do you mean nvidia reference design? You can't actually buy this card from nvidia, you know. Custom pcb 780's should hit the market really, really soon.

Back