Are all eVGA 680i's retarded?

armyoffoo

Limp Gawd
OK, took me about 4 hours to install my new 680i and E6300 yesterday. NVIDIA RAID controller wasn't playing nice. Even though I have my HD's on SATA1 and SATA2, I had to set RAID Enabled on 4 and 5 to get my mirror to recognize...

Anyone else have this problem?

The order of the SATA port isn't the same as the on in the instruction manual. The instruction manual is probabily one of the worst one that I've read in my life.
Anyway, you have to test them yourself to see the the order of SATA ports. I know for sure that the first two are the one on the side, but I don't remember the rest.

The order of the SATA port isn't the same as the on in the instruction manual. The instruction manual is probabily one of the worst one that I've read in my life.
Anyway, you have to test them yourself to see the the order of SATA ports. I know for sure that the first two are the one on the side, but I don't remember the rest.

Even if they are numbered in reverse, mine should be in either 1 and 2 or 5 and 6, RAID only works when I enable it on 4 and 5. My board must be 99 cents short of a happy meal.

Well I mean! They weren't even in reverse if I remember currectly.
It's something more likely 12 3546 or something weird like that, because I had 4 drives installed, and there's an empty port between my 3rd and 4th hard drive in order for me to get them to the right order in the BIOs. So if 2 of the ports are together, must likely you have it in the wrong order, and those 2 are infact SATA 4 and 5 instead of whatever you think they are.
If you search around EVGA's messageboard, I remember somebody posted the currect order there (Wish I saw that before I went through all the trouble). I hope this will help.

Maybe the ports are listed as 012345, and I'm plugged into 4 and 5, but in the BIOS there is a 6 on the list. Either way, it works great as-is.

I have absolutley no issues with my evga 680sli board.

Yeah, looks like some people have manuals that are right, but even the downloadable manual on evga's site is wrong...

Back