Are all 680 blower fans the same?

DG25

Gawd
I'm looking for a 680 GTX with a blower type fan (nvidia's default cooler for 680). Are they all the same, just different stickers applied to them? Do noise levels vary between different 680 gtx models with the nvidia type blower fan? Maybe different RPM levels set in bios? I want one that's most quiet at idle.

Usually there are no discernible differences.

If your GTX 680 is a reference design (i.e. the same layout everyone else uses) then any cooler should fit. Some manufacturers design their cards differently though those also tend to have different coolers to begin with.

So yes...if your card HAD a stock type blower heatsink on it then another stock blower should fit as well.

The one exception might be the GTX 680 classified by EVGA. If I remember correctly the radial fan is larger.

Are all RPMs the same on these blower fans? I mean, do all manufactures use the same fan RPM relative to load (for ex, 30% rpm at idle)? And can this be modified by users?

Basically i want a new 680 GTX card with a blower fan, and i want it to be as quiet at idle as possible.

The Classified has a vapor chamber.

As for low idle rpm you could always adjust it through software.

Back