Are AIBs still shipping black PCB 8800s?

phide

Fully [H]
For those who have purchased an 8800 GTX (or two!) recently, say, within the past four to six weeks, have you received a black PCB/black mounting bracket card, or have you received a green PCB/black bracket card? For those that have received black PCB cards, what card did you buy specifically, when, and from what retailer?

Obviously, I'm leaning toward the plain-jain EVGA GTX, though the PCB color may persuade me otherwise, as trivial as it may sound.

Thanks gents.

Flextronics stopped using the black PCB for the G80 boards several months ago. The odds of your buying a G80 with a black PCB brand new are quite slim, although you may still be able to find one brick and mortar.

Well, that's a shame. I wasn't aware they had stopped producing them entirely.

Thanks for the heads up.

Got mine from Tiger Direct about 2 weeks ago. I bought a BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC2 and the PCB is black.

My EVGA 8800 Ultra KO I bought a month ago is black. But I think the Ultra's PCB wouldn't change anyways. I like the black theme of my setup, mobo, GPU, fans, all black.

Canada Computers is where I found mine, they had 5 a few days ago... seems like they were snatched up quickly this week...

Theres some local TigerDirect Shops around, and all the stores I've been to other than TigerDirect, all the GTX's and GTS's have all been green.

Now as for the ultras, I've seen nothing but black PCB's

Flextronics stopped using the black PCB for the G80 boards several months ago. The odds of your buying a G80 with a black PCB brand new are quite slim, although you may still be able to find one brick and mortar.

all the new ultra's seem to be black again :)

Alright, thanks for all of the replies. They are appreciated.

Seems like I'm going to have to contact AIBs directly, starting with EVGA and BFG.

all the new ultra's seem to be black again :)

Whoah, looks like you're right!

I need to check my contacts... maybe they've switched back to the black PCB for all of the G80 boards. It would be a really nice suprise!

I'd almost assume that AIBs (at least some of them) are going back and forth as supply of black-coated PCB runs out. According to Bit-Tech, all 8800 Ultras are indeed receiving the royal black treatment, while other sites, who have reviewed green 8800 GTXs, point to poor availability of black PCB (and, surprisingly, the color always seems to get some mention). So, it's a little annoying.

Maybe it's a 50/50 shot, but I'll update once I get some responses. I'm fairly sure that it wouldn't be difficult to secure a black card buying directly from AIBs.

Black PCB FTW, soooo much sexier than the standard green colour.

Jonathan at EVGA said:
The black PCB is no longer available for the 8800GTX. If you would like to obtain a black PCB card, you would need to purchase the 8800Ultra.
Hmm.

EDIT: Might just do that. 8800 Ultras are much less expensive than I had originally thought.

So what will the chances of getting a black EVGA 8800GTS be?

Probably a lot of the black 8800GTX cards being sold today are failed Ultras that have the standard GTX cooler, which explains the black PCB. I highly doubt that you could find a new 8800GTS with a black PCB unless it was used.

Mine is black and i dont care about color. If your desperate send me the retail price for a new one and i will send you mine and just by a new one. I am not concerned about color:D

Back