Aquamark3 Showdown!!

Just ran 3dmark 03 and got 6325

I loose to people even lower then me w/ arc

Grrr

Originally posted by Jondbold
I loose to people even lower then me w/ arc

Grrr

As long as you're sure that all the specs are matching up, that just means that you've maybe got more tweaking to do with your system. It's not uncommon to see someone with a slower rig score higher in 3DMark2001 or AM3 because they're both quite bound to the current state of your entire system.

lmao, oops. MUSHKIN! i always seem to put that letter G at the end when i spell MUSHKIN. i guess it's a habit for spelling king?

oh well, still waiting for ram though. i have to order by using a check :-/ dad doesn't trust the internet so he won't use credit card or anything else.

i'm expecting to be another week before my ram actually gets here :(

Originally posted by LancerJay
lmao, oops. MUSHKIN! i always seem to put that letter G at the end when i spell MUSHKIN. i guess it's a habit for spelling king?

oh well, still waiting for ram though. i have to order by using a check :-/ dad doesn't trust the internet so he won't use credit card or anything else.

i'm expecting to be another week before my ram actually gets here :(

That's too bad dude, I'm glad my parents aren't paranoid like that. ;) :p

Have fun waiting, I've still got another 8 days until my 2.8C m0 gets here so my comp is still down. I know how you feel. :p

man, i'm so pissed off. i get an average of 25790, and my PC is relatively high-end.

2.8ghz, 800FSB, HT on
4x 512Mb PC3200 RAM (Hynix)
Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro 400/300
Intel 875PBZ motherboard
250Gb WD SATA

:(

If I had a 9800pro or xt I'd be killing some of you, my CPU score is almost 11K 10,980 to be exact. But my 9500np is limiting me to only 5-6K range on GPU. I get roughly 43,xxx.

If I had a 9800pro or xt I'd be killing some of you, my CPU score is almost 11K 10,980 to be exact. But my 9500np is limiting me to only 5-6K range on GPU. I get roughly 43,xxx.

yeah, isnt' that how it is though. A lot of my friends were the same way.....but all's well now.

Here's one I ran back when the bench came out

if it weren't four your remarkable clock on your 9800, I'd end up right behind you once I get my 2.8C m0 in on the 19th.....'cus it WILL be up to 3.7GHz. I'm still deciding on whether or not I should voltmod my XT before the X800 or 6800 Ultra shows up in my comp. ;) Should be exciting.

man, i'm so pissed off. i get an average of 25790, and my PC is relatively high-end.

Hmm, system isn't bad but yeah.....I know what you're talking about here, it's frustrating isn't it. :p

Wish I could get an X800 or 6800. :-/ The whole getting married raising a family not sure where to come up with 500bux is killing me.....

Originally posted by eViL_M@LuM
Wish I could get an X800 or 6800. :-/ The whole getting married raising a family not sure where to come up with 500bux is killing me.....

Ouch, all I can really say to sympathise with you is to say that I know what it's like to be broke and dying for new toys. ;)

I think that most of us have probly been there at one time or another. ;)

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Awsome stuff dude, it's always exciting breaking another 1k barrier.....and those 5k and 10k marks are even better. :D

yeah i gave up on benchmarks long time ago when i realized that anybody can relatively acheive them with all the same components. i could prolly do better but my RAM is crappy fry's val-u-ram. and it's a steamy 85*F in my room

Originally posted by jas0nt

2.8ghz, 800FSB, HT on
4x 512Mb PC3200 RAM (Hynix)
Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro 400/300
Intel 875PBZ motherboard
250Gb WD SATA

:(
I'm only doing around 30,000 or so, and my 9600pro is OCed.

can you guys tell me whats holding me back :(
i think its my cpu but could it be the memory too cause my mobo can take pc3200 but i only got pc2700 at the time so here are my scores
gfx 3900
cpu 4380

Well, I'm not entirely sure what a 2.53B SHOULD be scoring but my 800FSB 2.6C @ 3.25Hz get's right around 10k.....so i dunno.

Again, I've never had a 9600XT (and I sold my 9600Pro before AM3 came out) but 3,900 seems kinda low on the graphics.....maybe it's just me.

Check the ARC to see what some others with your card are getting for GFX scores first and then see if you can match up a B northy to your rig, just to compare the CPU score.

Dont be hatin cause my CPU scores 11K, I've seen 3.7-3.9ghz and there still under 11K CPU score. :D It's that 1140MHZ FSB :D

Can an XP system play?

Expect it to be well above 52,000 soon

This is a teaser of what's to come..

BTW: this is an XP system ALL on air ;)

Dont be hatin cause my CPU scores 11K, I've seen 3.7-3.9ghz and there still under 11K CPU score. :D It's that 1140MHZ FSB :D

Yeah, that does have SOMETHING to do with it. ;)

Can an XP system play?

I'm guessing that by this you're talking about an AthlonXP??? in which case that's one fairly fine score you've got there. Why am I thinking we're about to see some insanely clocked 2500+ mobile or something along those lines brought foward??? :p

Well I just ordered a VGA silencer from SVC for 9.99 + shipping 16.24 total. :D Hopefull it'll help my 9500 out a little more.

Well I just ordered a VGA silencer from SVC for 9.99 + shipping 16.24 total. :D Hopefull it'll help my 9500 out a little more.

I would think so, at least a little. It all depends on WHY you're maybe running into OC walls. If a chip/card has hit it's limit (and you can't/won't raise the voltage) then more cooling is hardly going to help it out.....if it won't do it, it won't do it. ;)

I wish you good luck though, Oh, and nice price on the Silencer. :p

It's definately a cooling thing on my 9500, cause it's got a stock Sapphire cooler which is a lot like a Blue orb cooler, just crappier.

It's definately a cooling thing on my 9500, cause it's got a stock Sapphire cooler which is a lot like a Blue orb cooler, just crappier.

Yeah, i know what you mean.....and I feel for ya. ;)

VGA Silencer baby, will bring me over the top... I hope, if not Vmod time

I'd probly have to point you towards the voltmod, but be careful. You're gonna have to get one hell of a nice OC (or OC boost) from that VGA Silencer to pull another 1,000 points out of your rig. Good luck though, keep us posted.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0

I'm guessing that by this you're talking about an AthlonXP??? in which case that's one fairly fine score you've got there. Why am I thinking we're about to see some insanely clocked 2500+ mobile or something along those lines brought foward??? :p

it's a 2600mobile... and she's not ready for the world to see yet...:)

Quick update.....just got the 2.8 installed and bumped up to 250fsb for 3.5GHz. After a regular boot AND running 3DMark2001 just previous I brought in just over 52k in Aquamark3. I saw a skip at the beginning of the test too so I'm thinkin' that it might even climb a bit more yet. That was only 3.5GHz and I'm gonna start "testing" it now. ;)

Oh and eViL_M@LuM, the CPU score was 11,039 just in case you were wondering.....even at my pidly little 250fsb. ;) :p

bastard.... It's on now, like donkey kong

Heh.....

Check sig for updates

These results are only temporary 'till I get my cooling/voltmods done, in the next 2 weeks. ;)

That's right, it's me again. ;)

Oh yeah, I sat here and found the absolute highest FSB I could benchmark with using the fluxing voltage on my board.....check sig for updates. :D

53k is mine!!! :D

cornelious0_0 what are you running your GPU core voltage at? Aquamark3 isn't really CPU limited, so you're going to have to get that core clock higher.

Originally posted by 101
cornelious0_0 what are you running your GPU core voltage at? Aquamark3 isn't really CPU limited, so you're going to have to get that core clock higher.

Umm, it's stock.....haven't worked up the guts to voltmod my 9800XT seeing as I'll be picking up either the 6800 Ultra or X800 XT in a couple months.

My XT has just never overclocked that well at all, and that 461 core clock is with artifacts. It only does 443MHz on the core 100% artifact free. It isn't anything more then a cooling issue, but it's the kind of thing that I'd have to throw water on the card to "fix" it at this point.

Back