Approx. 120B SSD Recommendations

Weeth

Gawd
My 2600K rig has two:

Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC SSDs

It's time to upgrade the C: drive to a larger one as I was perfectly fine until I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and now I need wads of GBs to install all that crap.

Therefore please provide suggestions for a 120GB to replace the current 64GB as a C: and that will let me turn the current one into an additional data drive. I don't need the top of the line, but a midrange, reasonably priced one that is reliable above all!

P.S. Sorry about the title, it was supposed to be 120GB not 120B but it's 7 am here and I don't wake up until lunch! :)

If you've had positive experiences with the M4 why not stick with it? It's generally $100-$125 for the 128GB version so it's usually the best bang for the buck.

If you've had positive experiences with the M4 why not stick with it? It's generally $100-$125 for the 128GB version so it's usually the best bang for the buck.

This +1

Indeed, stick with the M4 or a samsung 830. They've been on sale for $99 shipped lately.

Thanks! I've followed all your advice and just ordered one. The two 64GB have been flawless, so you guys are right... stick with a winner! I appreciate your help!

It's time to upgrade the C: drive to a larger one as I was perfectly fine until I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and now I need wads of GBs to install all that crap.

I'd suggest killing Adobe with fire. No, I don't mean kill the Creative Cloud with fire. I mean kill the whole company with fire, excluding employees that we can't legally justify burning at the stake for some other offense of course. Finding a legal justification is kind of a tall order in the US, Europe, etc., but if the inventor of Flash happens to be visiting Elbonia...

That said, I'm perfectly happy with my Crucial M4 drives. I have a couple 128s. One is my Windows system drive, the other is split between my Linux / and games. So far so good.

I'd suggest killing Adobe with fire. No, I don't mean kill the Creative Cloud with fire. I mean kill the whole company with fire, excluding employees that we can't legally justify burning at the stake for some other offense of course. Finding a legal justification is kind of a tall order in the US, Europe, etc., but if the inventor of Flash happens to be visiting Elbonia...

That said, I'm perfectly happy with my Crucial M4 drives. I have a couple 128s. One is my Windows system drive, the other is split between my Linux / and games. So far so good.

I am no friend of the Adobenuts but Photoshop is a big part of how I make my living, there is nothing else on the market that can act as a reasonable substitute and I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

Just wanted to follow up. The system now has the Crucial M4 128GB as Boot and the two M4 64GBs as Data. Everything went flawlessly and is now working perfectly. Thanks to all for the superb suggestions!

My only recommendation would have been to get a 256gb instead of a 128.. If you watch for there sales the M4's have been 180 for a 256 a couple times recently making them the best $/gb of any good drive.

Back