Apple's Next iPhone

It's a composite material, more akin to ceramic than glass, and... it would be pretty stupid having multitouch on the front and on the back. And there's no way it could have a display on each side, that would absolutely murder potential battery life.

The composite material is primarily designed to be stronger than any potential plastic for the casing while prohibiting pretty much nothing in terms of wireless performance. Radio signals would pass through it like a hot knife through better, far superior to aluminum or metal backs of any kinds.

i thought i read somewhere in the coverage that it was glass...well either way, i didn't say anything about a display on both sides--and as far as "stupid", you might've thought the n64 controller (or any other console controller that broke from one plane of input) was "stupid" the first time you saw it. i say it's coming (not that it will be equally dominant element to the display-touch surface), if not now--then soon. when it doesn't show up on the next iphone, then you can give me the business for real.

you speak/write with a rather authoritative tone, so i'll assume you're in the wireless/consumer electronics industry professionally and that you have some basis for your comments.

stewart made no mention of any thing regarding legallity, he was commenting on the situation. So yea...

Seriously, we're going to cite a mediocre comedian as a source of legally-correct analysis? Really?

I would say what the guy said was a correct statement. He didn't say Stewart was awesome when he used "correspondents" to comically show the lack of legality on Apple's part or the raid's part, all he said was Stewart slammed apple well.

What it comes down to it, Apple being how Stewart described is OLD news. We all know the type of company Apple is, so its not like this is anything new or gonna change anything. It was just a funny segment by a comedian.

I would say what the guy said was a correct statement. He didn't say Stewart was awesome when he used "correspondents" to comically show the lack of legality on Apple's part or the raid's part, all he said was Stewart slammed apple well.

And then he went on to quote Stewart basically calling Apple fascist because they reported their property as stolen.

The last thing this topic needs is Stewart-induced hyperbole. There's already plenty of that to go around.

And then he went on to quote Stewart basically calling Apple fascist because they reported their property as stolen.

The last thing this topic needs is Stewart-induced hyperbole. There's already plenty of that to go around.

No, the last thing this topic needs is off-topic political bullshit.

Knock it off, or the thread will be closed.

Consider this a warning to everyone.

I'm not making a political point. I simply don't see how Jon Stewart's opinion is relevant to the Gizmodo situation.

No, the last thing this topic needs is off-topic political bullshit.

Knock it off, or the thread will be closed.

Consider this a warning to everyone.

Off-topic is for the General Mayhem part of the forum. Check it out. :)

I'm not making a political point. I simply don't see how Jon Stewart's opinion is relevant to the Gizmodo situation.

The only thing Jon Stewart's rant does is bring to light the situation, albeit just the surface, to the mainstream audience. Ya know... the people who don't know about [H]ard|OCP or Gizmodo, etc. Ya know... the ones that don't know the difference between the 3G or the 3GS, let alone a new one coming out.

I think if the mainstream audience gets light of the situation, Apple may chill out a bit.

I really hope the new phone goes on sale the day of WWDC.

It looks nice but I already decided that evo 4g will be my next phone, sprint family plan will save me almost $40 per month compared to AT&T(both with corporate discount) and you cant beat the WiMax tethering for up to 8 devices.

thats the route i plan to take too, hopefully they will have wimax in nashville, tn area this summer. thats what a sprint engineer i talked to said at least.

thats the route i plan to take too, hopefully they will have wimax in nashville, tn area this summer. thats what a sprint engineer i talked to said at least.

Sprint seems to be very agressive with the WiMax roll out to get a foothold on the 4G market while VZW and ATT are still squabbling over who controls what towers/frequencies for the LTE network. Fortunately I live in Herndon where the actual WiMax test labs are located so I KNOW I'll get coverage lol.

I heard ATT secured the remainder of 2010 with their ipad contract, so what would that mean for a 4g capable iPhone? There won't be a 4g ATT network available this year right?

I heard ATT secured the remainder of 2010 with their ipad contract, so what would that mean for a 4g capable iPhone? There won't be a 4g ATT network available this year right?

Extremely doubtful. They are just starting the planning phase of LTE (4G). The only carrier that is making headway with beyond 3G in the states is Sprint at the moment.

Back