Apple wants $73 million from Epic

I was about to say: isn't 73 million basically peanuts from either company?
While I suppose they'd rather have the money than not, it's barely a "lawsuit tax".

Also sad that for these companies an unbelievable amount of life changing money is pocket change. Again illustrating how imbalanced wealth is in general.

Last edited:
I haven't been following the nuances, but didn't Epic sue Google and Apple for essentially the same practices? Yet Apple seems to have emerged largely unscathed, whereas it seems Google took an L...? 🤔
Apple does a lot in their stores dealing with code management and curating against scams and obvious bugs/leaks.

With that work comes a cost, and Apple kept very good accounting records they could present to the court as a validation of their pricing.

Additionally in Korea Apple already took that loss and you have optional stores and can side load, they were able to secure those numbers and found the 3’rd parties offering their stores were at most 5% cheaper and were providing a vastly inferior service and experience. Which has resulted in most developers and customer coming back to Apples platform.

Google charges the same, but does none of that curation or validation. They also were not able to accurately account for their stores expenses.

Apples internal documentation saved them while Google’s lack of it damned them.

That's because they know/knew how to hold it correctly....and therefore their Reality Distortion Field would protect them, hehehe :)
Kidding aside, I think the Google loss has something to do with how inconsistently Google's fees are applied to various companies. Like, sweetheart deals to "convince" large companies to not set up their own stores on Android or some such.

I think it came down to Google leaving a paper trail of their conduct with regards to the Play Store while Apple is a VASTLY tighter ship run by VASTLY smarter scumbags.

It's something like that.

In other words: Apple doesn't have any friends. /s

Kidding aside, I think the Google loss has something to do with how inconsistently Google's fees are applied to various companies. Like, sweetheart deals to "convince" large companies to not set up their own stores on Android or some such.

I think it came down to Google leaving a paper trail of their conduct with regards to the Play Store while Apple is a VASTLY tighter ship run by VASTLY smarter scumbags.

It's something like that.

In other words: Apple doesn't have any friends. /s
You can hate a well oiled trains route or the cost of the ticket but if it’s always on time you can only complain so much. Consistency is key and documentation will either be your saviour or your damnation.

This is all great info, thanks for sharing guys.

Yeah, I'm not an Apple fan, but massively respect how tight of a ship they run.
Reminds me of the old saying: "tight is right, but loosey is goosey" hehehe :D

Stop buying their crap and transferring your wealth to them. Feel free to start a campaign boycotting these two successful companies.
Nothing I said had anything to do with this. I could've mentioned that about any number of companies.
Whether we're talking about raw materials, petroleum, tech, manufacturing, the military industrial complex (and all its many arms) - there is a massive imbalance of wealth between all of these companies and the common person. And in addition to that there is no way to live a life in which any individual can avoid all of them through boycotting or otherwise.

There is no territory on this Earth that isn't owned by a government. No place you can live that doesn't have some type of company pressing on it. Even if you could find a plot of land in which no government agency would bother you or company had reach AND somehow miraculously chaos and lawlessness also didn't exist there, all you would be doing is exchanging one set of chains for another.

Your whole life at that point would be a slavery to survival, as there is no tool you could bring with you (we're boycotting all those metals and material right?), no clothes that were not made (in part or in whole) that doesn't not fit these qualifications.

So, empty platitudes about "so do something about it" and mentioning "boycotting" isn't particularly useful. And saying "don't use them" when there isn't any real alternative also isn't helpful. But something tells me you haven't really thought any of this through and it's just some knee jerk reaction to tell someone off on a forum.

Maybe he should start his own company of it's so easy and get in on the action! :p
1.) You don't have to use passive aggressive swipes. You're better than that. If you have something to say to me, say it directly.

2.) Nothing I said had anything to do with ease or difficultly to building a business.

3.) I realize that there is no corporation that you won't sympathize with over ordinary people, but you could consider your fellow man over corporate interests. Not even me, who cares, I'm some guy on a forum right? But considering the scale and how it impacts everyone on the planet including your family and friends.

Last edited:
I was about to say: isn't 73 million basically peanuts from either company?
While I suppose they'd rather have the money than not, it's barely a "lawsuit tax".

Also sad that for these companies an unbelievable amount of life changing money is pocket change. Again illustrating how imbalanced wealth is in general.

That’s precisely the reason why I’ve been a shareholder for years.

I haven't been following the nuances, but didn't Epic sue Google and Apple for essentially the same practices? Yet Apple seems to have emerged largely unscathed, whereas it seems Google took an L...? 🤔
Apple is the United States do no wrong company. It has never gone after Apple for being anti-competitive even though it's easily the worst of the bunch... by a long shot.

If you owned a store, how much would you keep after the sale of products made by other companies? Would you keep any of the sale price? Just enough to cover operating costs? Or would you profit?

You can’t sell anything if you don’t have a distribution channel. Epic is free to build its own customer base. But it seems to enjoy the ease of using customer bases built by other companies. That’s not free.

If you owned a store, how much would you keep after the sale of products made by other companies? Would you keep any of the sale price? Just enough to cover operating costs? Or would you profit?

You can’t sell anything if you don’t have a distribution channel. Epic is free to build its own customer base. But it seems to enjoy the ease of using customer bases built by other companies. That’s not free.
The answer there in the retail channel was 20% for years but based on earnings reports that’s more like 53% now…

Back