Apple to Match Donations Made by its Employees

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apple's new CEO sent out an email to employees yesterday saying that the company will match charitable donations made by employees up to $10k a year.

Apple has launched a new charitable matching program for its employees, with the company offering to match employees' personal charitable contributions up to $10,000 per year. The program is currently limited to full-time U.S. employees, with plans to expand it to other countries over time.

Quick response time to the "Apple/Jobs" don't donate nothing article of a few days ago.

Steve really must not have a lot of time left, sounds almost like a dying man's last act of compassion.

"We're counting on you to be just as greedy as we are. Don't let us down!"

#1 Create charity program for people with some disease.
#2 Donate money to your charity.
#3 Apple gives you equal amounts of money.
#4 Keep all the money, make 100% profit.
#5 Problem Apple?

What happens in hell if the devil himself is dead? Just wondering!

I Thought all big companies did this? Company I work for has been doing this for many years now anyways.

Apple must owe taxes and need the write-offs. Of course they could do the ol' Nike stand by... donate 1000 iPads at a cost to them of a few thousand, but write off the retail price.

Cheapskates!! The millions and billions they make they should be doubling/tripling what employees will contribute...

#1 Create charity program for people with some disease.
#2 Donate money to your charity.
#3 Apple gives you equal amounts of money.
#4 Keep all the money, make 100% profit.
#5 Problem Apple?

That's called Fraud. It will land you in prison for 10+ years, maybe more depending on the amount defrauded.

Almost every company or corporation has some charity for a few reasons. First and formost, its just good PR! Second, almost every penny you give to cherity is TAX DECUCTABLE! So corps get a crap load of warm fuzzy PR, and it really doesent cost them anything since it is deducted from taxes.

Before Steve Jobs, Apple donated a lot of computers to schools. I remember this since my HS back in the days got a crap load of Apple IIc for our computer room. The therie was, if kids learned on an Apple computer at school, they would buy one at home. This stopped once Steve Jobs took over during the iMac days, and all schools switched to IBM PC's.

This new spirt of Apple donations is total BS and shows how EVIL Apple is even AFTER Jobs is gone. First, it was only done to address the recent news storys. Its so amazingly transparant and they didnt even bother to cover it up. 2nd, remember what I said above, about the US Gov taking donations out of your taxes? Think of it this way. Now your EMPLOYEES are paying half the COMPANY's taxes. Lets say Apple employees chip in 100,000, and Apple matches that 100,000 and the total donation is 200,000. Apple taxes a tax deduction of 200,000, half payed by its own employees! So Apple's employees are paying for half the company's tax brakes!

Long story short, Apple is still evil and hates poor people who cant afford to buy iCrap.

That's called Fraud. It will land you in prison for 10+ years, maybe more depending on the amount defrauded.

Yea sure, everyone knows all charities do this. They say they need money to help out some people in need, and they hardly get anything.

It's called administrative fees. When people who work for charities drive nicer cars than I do, only a sucker would donate.

It's called administrative fees. When people who work for charities drive nicer cars than I do, only a sucker would donate.

Just cause they are "non profit" doesn't mean they aren't "non fucking loaded rich"

The Catholic church is one of the richest organizations in the world. Doesn't make me hate them, at least their Jesus died for sins. Steve Jobs only dies after he stops eating the souls of small children.

What they failed to mention is the only eligible charity is "iPads for eMos", whose motto is "Empowering one hipster-douchebag at a time!"

Welcome to every other company in the US for the past 30 years?

For every 'tard in the previous thread who played the "Official Steve Job's Signature Blowjob Game", I give you this. Couldn't have been more well said than by the person above me. He is one greedy shithead of a person that deserves to rot in hell for taking advantage of everyone else's compassion to keep him alive, yet milk every dollar out of the sheep that buy Apple products.

Just die already :rolleyes:

For every 'tard in the previous thread who played the "Official Steve Job's Signature Blowjob Game", I give you this. Couldn't have been more well said than by the person above me. He is one greedy shithead of a person that deserves to rot in hell for taking advantage of everyone else's compassion to keep him alive, yet milk every dollar out of the sheep that buy Apple products.

Just die already :rolleyes:

I didn't know you were privy to his finances and contributions. Do educate us 'tards.

Apple can't deduct their employee's charitable donations.

It depends on how the donation is handled. If the employees cut Apple a big check, then Apple takes all the money, gathers it up, and donates it in Apples name, not each employees name. Thats how it typically goes, and I see it happen all the time.

Sadly, there is no level of donations that will make up for how evil and greedy Jobs is.

It depends on how the donation is handled. If the employees cut Apple a big check, then Apple takes all the money, gathers it up, and donates it in Apples name, not each employees name. Thats how it typically goes, and I see it happen all the time.

Sadly, there is no level of donations that will make up for how evil and greedy Jobs is.

For specific drives it may be handled in that way. However these types of programs, you donate to your choice of charity, then fill out a form and show proof of payment, then Apple donates a matching amount.

I didn't know you were privy to his finances and contributions. Do educate us 'tards.

Reading to get the point isn't in your forte it seems - that's okay, Steve is also 30 years behind everyone else when it comes to remotely starting to possibly think of maybe contributing to other people in the world. It's okay to be a few steps behind others (well, when you're about to fall over and to death I think karma already hit the nail in the coffin)

Glad someone else sees this. Although $10k is on the higher end of the scale compared to some.
The company I work for does better :).
Quote from a PDF for the company I work for.
For employees, BARD will match a gift of $25 or more up to a total of $15,000 per employee per calendar year. For directors, BARD will match a
gift of $25 or more up to a total of $5,000 per director per calendar year.
Plus we hold all kinds of fund raisers all year long to help out others in our area. Like school supplies for children, coats and hats for kids in the winter and food for the area food pantries just to name a few.
I might not make a whole lot working for them but it is a great company and I'm glad to be a part of it :).

The amount of self-righteousness is conversations relating to Steve Jobs is staggering in its ridiculousness.

Only in H where you will find a positive article turned into a negative one.

Back