Apple Reclaims Title of World's Most Valuable Brand

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sorry Google, you’ll have to step down from the top spot and make way for Apple….again. Apple reclaimed the top spot with a 67% rise in brand value to $246.9 Billion.

The top ten most valuable global brands in the report is made up almost entirely of technology and telecom companies, with Microsoft, IBM, Visa, AT&T, Verizon, Coca-Cola, McDonald's and Marlboro rounding off the top ten after Apple and Google.

I do not like monopoly's. I hope the competition steps up to the plate. I admit, the Apple Eco System is nice, HATE the whole ITunes application, and it is the only way to transfer to and from your iPhone/tablet. I hope Windows knocks it out of the park with Windows 10.

One big problem with the Windows tablets is that they almost all use the Intel Graphics. Now, windows games are either much more resource hungry, or the A9 graphics processor just blows Intel's out of the water. But games (which I use to play) on my iPad were wonderfully smooth and rich. On my Windows tablet, stutters and fps problems galore'

So the most "valuable" companies consist of:

-2 computer monopolies, one with a great human rights record in its outsourcing
-2 of the most hated ISP/cellphone carriers
-A junk food manufacturer jacking up our diabetes rate
-A fastfood joint jacking up our diabetes rate
-A carcinogen manufacturer increasing cancer rates

And Visa and IBM

Speaks volumes about how people conclude on "value" in this day and age.

If I am not mistaken AT&T and Verizon operate entirely in the US, therefore they can't possibly be anywhere near the top 10 most valuable brands in the world.

I won't go to a site called macrumors just to find out how did they come up with this silly list.

Wtf is "brand value"? Sounds like some type of BS marketing term. Are they referring to company value?

Wtf is "brand value"? Sounds like some type of BS marketing term. Are they referring to company value?

It is a marketing strategy for a consulting firm (These guys http://www.millwardbrown.com/mb-global/brand-strategy/brand-equity/brandz/top-global-brands ) to make money by the oldest of means....image insecurity. Except instead of profiting by claiming they have lotions to keep you from aging and looking old, they claim to know how to make your corporate image look better.

So the most "valuable" companies consist of:

-2 computer monopolies, one with a great human rights record in its outsourcing
-2 of the most hated ISP/cellphone carriers
-A junk food manufacturer jacking up our diabetes rate
-A fastfood joint jacking up our diabetes rate
-A carcinogen manufacturer increasing cancer rates

And Visa and IBM

Speaks volumes about how people conclude on "value" in this day and age.

Corporations don't have morals. If they could make money blending the poor into smoothies, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Htf is Apple higher then google? Way way more people have to ues google then Apple?

Htf is Apple higher then google? Way way more people have to ues google then Apple?

Are you guys not familiar with the term value in terms of money? Apple had ~3 times the revenue of Google ($182 billion vs $66 billion).

Corporations don't have morals. If they could make money blending the poor into smoothies, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

That's because of limited liability and giving corporations the status of "people". A sociopath can rise to the upper management and do very terrible things and if they get sued and lost, its the company that has to pay the price, in other words shareholders and regular employees. Management gets to walk away with their bonus intact. no consequences.

Back