Apache Service Problems

Notquiteanewbie

Limp Gawd
Occasionally when I stop the service it generates error, was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm running apache 2.0.49 with PHP 5.0RC3 on WinXP SP1 (just learning)

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected]ess and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I get this all the time when during development. Restarting the server twice fixes it. Not sure what's causing it.

--KK

This on windows or linux?

Check out /var/log/syslog or /var/log/apache/error.log

I am not sure where the logs are in windows, but do a search for error.log. I would think the name would be the same.

Read the end of that file and see if you get a better idea of what is wrong.

1st: apache on a windows box.. XP box that is . . :rolleyes:

2nd: What's the error you're getting?
- Look at the logs and alerts for XP. what do they say?

Notquiteanewbie said:
Occasionally when I stop the service it generates error, was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm running apache 2.0.49 with PHP 5.0RC3 on WinXP SP1 (just learning)

Post what the error is. And there is NOTHING wrong with running Apache on a windows box. I've got it on an XP box and 2 2K3 boxes and it's just as stable and secure as any *nix or other box with any other OS. That was just ignorant.

I'm running apache on windows xp sp1. This is for learning purposes only nothing else.

The error is just the generic windows error asking if you want to send it to microsoft or not. for instance if a program is not responding. or something.

It does not happen a lot and it cannot be reproduced with consistency. just occasionally when i go to stop the apache server i'll get the windows thing asking me to send, not send, or debug the problem.

"Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

That's definately not supposed to happen :).

Try downloading the previous stable binaries from the apache website and try those out. When it crashes, are you able to restart the service?

--KK

yeah its not really a problem, the error message comes up, i send it to microsoft, and its like nothing ever happened, the error message window closes then it goes to the apache window and it shows that the service stopped, and i can start it again fine.

Back