aoc mini-led monitor

dasbas99

n00b
I was eying the aoc q27g3xmn mini-led monitor that is going typically for the 280$ range and was wondering if that is a better monitor for hdr content as in movies and shows.I am currently using an lg 34WR50QC-B with beelink ser5pro through display port .

RTINGs review looks great. Am also considering this monitor for work. No BFI which is a bummer but everything else looks to be on point. I had an AOC monitor a few years ago and I eventually sold it because I didn't need it (I had way too many screens at that point so I was trimming the fat, so to speak). Solid build quality.

I've not seen it, but looking at the RTINGS and tftcentral reviews the only concerns I have is with the EOTF/gamma tracking. It looks like it doesn't track all that well, and there's variance between the two reviews so probably monitor to monitor variance. Not a deal breaker, but means the picture in HDR is likely to look overly dark. In sRGB mode it looks like its gamma tracking is kinda all over the place. Also it's a VA panel, so of course the advantages and disadvantages of that.

That said, it looks like it will actually do decent with HDR which is an achievement at that price point.

Just got it and must say it gets quite bright in hdr.I have kept the local dimming set at strongest,and so far haven't been seeing any haloing using the desktop and during moviees so far.I hope aoc comes out with a 32 inch low price mini led soon:).

Just got it and must say it gets quite bright in hdr.I have kept the local dimming set at strongest,and so far haven't been seeing any haloing using the desktop and during moviees so far.I hope aoc comes out with a 32 inch low price mini led soon:).
Wonderful to hear. I am a MASSIVE HDR fanboy, and I think MiniLED tech is the way to go for computer monitors at the moment, but it has been so expensive. It is nice to hear that there's an economical unit that makes it more accessible to more people.

Back