Anyone used this card? Reviews?

pburgh

n00b
Hey all, what's the story on this card:

http://www.asus.com/products/vga/v9280vs/overview.htm

It's got dual-DVI and 8x AGP... sounds like a good deal!

v9280-vs_l.jpg

Anyone used this, or seen it in action?

Thanks, Bryan

It's a Geforce Ti4200--DX8-class. Costs $153 at computerhq.com. If you need dual DVI connectors, it'll serve you well for the time being--as long as you don't play any DX9 games with it. Otherwise, for around the same price, you'd be better served with a Radeon 9600 or FX5700 level card.

For 153 dollars you can get a nice Radeon 9600 pro. Better than a 4200, and future proofed with AA, AF, and DX 9

i don't much computer gaming. I'm a web developer with two lcd's. I just wanted the joy of dual-dvi. If I'm not gaming, this would serve me well right?

I had two ATI 9800XT's in my machines before, but ... like I said, i don't game... so it was a little overkill.

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by pburgh
i don't much computer gaming. I'm a web developer with two lcd's. I just wanted the joy of dual-dvi. If I'm not gaming, this would serve me well right?

I had two ATI 9800XT's in my machines before, but ... like I said, i don't game... so it was a little overkill.

Thanks for the help!

Two in one machine?

Originally posted by pburgh
isn't that single dvi and single vga?

No man, look at the card. Two DVI's

no, not two in one machine. I had two machines, two cards. I got a deal on them at work... so I picked up two.

Thanks.

Originally posted by KingPariah777

No man, look at the card. Two DVI's
yeah...I've never seen that before. Pretty darn sweet for dual LCDs.

I would go for it...I have a dual VGA/CRT GeForce 4 MX that i bought from Jaton for 70 bucks or so a year ago...its PCI too, and makes a terrific video card for additional 2econd and 3rd monitors...

If you don't game, then the ti4200 is a great card.

Back