Anyone Tried to RMA an OC'd Video Card to ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[offtopic] If someone downloads an album that they can't afford, it doesn't cost anyone anything. [/offtopic]

Originally posted by oqvist
You really believe in that :eek:

Sure you can pirate all you want noone stops you but when you are saying you don´t think you hurt anyone, it´s then you need to seek help since then you are deluding yourself.

And I don´t really see what you mean with big ecord labels whining and independents booming???

Do you think independents enjoy piracy while big record labels don´t??

Everybody hurts from this except those who steal they get everything for free :rolleyes:

Apparently you missed what I was saying. The only people who have lost sales (technically its more of a standstill) is the big record companies. The Indy companies are expanding quickly and doing well. Is it any wonder that only the big companies are complaining? Nope.

I also have no sympathy for the big record labels because of the price jacking they've been engaged in for years and I fully support anyone who does want to pirate the music. I feel bad for the artists but unfortunately the record labels are the problem. They're not even giving the artists what they deserve (from record sales). Granted you see those high profile musicians on TV but most of the people a label carries aren't that big.

As for myself, I don't have any pirated music. I've got ripped tracks off of many of the CDs I own, but that's it.

The movie industry has a chance to do something before they get in as big of a hole as the music industry has. BMG wasted 10 million dollars on bogus anti-copying software for music CDs. How much you want to bet that the next time the big companies tell us how much they've "lost" to pirating it will have magically grown by $10 million.

About 3 years ago I used to listen to clips to sample music before I bought an album. But now I just listen to the clips on BMGs site or many others before i decide. It's easier anyway in some ways.

Originally posted by emorphien
Apparently you missed what I was saying. The only people who have lost sales (technically its more of a standstill) is the big record companies. The Indy companies are expanding quickly and doing well. Is it any wonder that only the big companies are complaining? Nope.

I also have no sympathy for the big record labels because of the price jacking they've been engaged in for years and I fully support anyone who does want to pirate the music. I feel bad for the artists but unfortunately the record labels are the problem. They're not even giving the artists what they deserve (from record sales). Granted you see those high profile musicians on TV but most of the people a label carries aren't that big.

As for myself, I don't have any pirated music. I've got ripped tracks off of many of the CDs I own, but that's it.

The movie industry has a chance to do something before they get in as big of a hole as the music industry has. BMG wasted 10 million dollars on bogus anti-copying software for music CDs. How much you want to bet that the next time the big companies tell us how much they've "lost" to pirating it will have magically grown by $10 million.

About 3 years ago I used to listen to clips to sample music before I bought an album. But now I just listen to the clips on BMGs site or many others before i decide. It's easier anyway in some ways.

Believe me people download independent music for free as much as commercial audio so to speak. There is no Robin Hood philosophy when it´s come to piracy. People don´t piracy less because there is some "independent music source"

It sounds like you try to make excuses for piracy which I don´t understand why anyone would want to? Piracy is stealing no matter what. Noone forces you to buy music CD:s. It´s luxury items you can live very well without them.

MP 3 is great not for Piracy but you can burn your own CD:s and take them with you anywhere not being afraid of loosing them.

And oh so strange that people make MP3-players when so many buys them :rolleyes:

If you overclock your video card you void your warranty. Everybody knows that and that is all accurate. What if they would allow overclocking? Then you could burn your chip out and still got warranty because where would they put the limit? It´s silly thinking that they should allow you running your video card over spec.

Imagine you would do the same with your car. Modding your engine for rocket fuel and off you go. Would you have your guarantee left if you tried that?

don't rma stuff that you modded

don't steal music

stay in school kids, and don't do drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back