Anyone that has the 360 VGA adapter, please read

Ok well here's my story. I bought a Microsoft VGA adapter for the 360 used and when I opened the box, it was just the standard cable with the 15 pin VGA and 2 RCA audio jacks. My friend bought a brand new one and it came with a VGA female/female gender changer and a stereo 3.5mm to RCA adapter so you can hook up the cable to your monitor cable and sound card respectively.

Anyways, I called microsoft to see if I could order those adapters from them and the guy on the phone said he would just mail me a new cable package and would give me a prepaid slip to send the old cable back. I was pretty happy.

I got the box yesterday, and it was just an OEM package with the vga cable in it. No gender changer and no rca converter. I called them up and the rep was INSISTING that the official microsoft VGA cable comes with no such adapters. Now I can't find any information online as to what the cable comes with and the manual mentions nothing of these adapters. I know 2 people who purchased this cable and both of them have the adapters.

If you purchased the cable, can you please tell me the contents? I'm curious if they stopped including the adapters or if the rep was just clueless. Thanks!

MS VGA cables have no converter with package. Just the cable itself which has 15 pin VGA connection, the 2 RCA audio connections and optical audio conection (on the hard plasic part where it plugs into the x360).

MasterShredder said:
Ok well here's my story. I bought a Microsoft VGA adapter for the 360 used and when I opened the box, it was just the standard cable with the 15 pin VGA and 2 RCA audio jacks. My friend bought a brand new one and it came with a VGA female/female gender changer and a stereo 3.5mm to RCA adapter so you can hook up the cable to your monitor cable and sound card respectively.

Anyways, I called microsoft to see if I could order those adapters from them and the guy on the phone said he would just mail me a new cable package and would give me a prepaid slip to send the old cable back. I was pretty happy.

I got the box yesterday, and it was just an OEM package with the vga cable in it. No gender changer and no rca converter. I called them up and the rep was INSISTING that the official microsoft VGA cable comes with no such adapters. Now I can't find any information online as to what the cable comes with and the manual mentions nothing of these adapters. I know 2 people who purchased this cable and both of them have the adapters.

If you purchased the cable, can you please tell me the contents? I'm curious if they stopped including the adapters or if the rep was just clueless. Thanks!
I've heard from numerous people both here and at other forums that it does, in fact, come with a gender changer. I say try somemore, and get to the higher-ups if need be.

lesman said:
I've heard from numerous people both here and at other forums that it does, in fact, come with a gender changer. I say try somemore, and get to the higher-ups if need be.
Do you have the MS VGA cable? I am using them now and only the cable was in the package. I brought them about 2 months ago. I used audio converter that came with my speakers or sound card.

ClearM4 said:
Do you have the MS VGA cable? I am using them now and only the cable was in the package. I brought them about 2 months ago. I used audio converter that came with my speakers or sound card.

Both cables were purchased at launch and I witnessed one of them being opened and saw both converters.. I guess they stopped including the adapters in the newer packs which sucks.

I've seen some of the 15 pin female/female gender changers online for $2, but they want $8 shipping... I'll have to find a local place that isnt going to rip me off.

I ordered an MS VGA cable from Play.com about 3/4 months back and It came with the 2 adapters (1 to change the 2 RCA inputs to 3.5mm plug and the other was a gender adapter to couple it to a monitor with a non-removable VGA cable). I'll upload a photo when i get home from work.

edit: just checked on Xbox.com for the pdf manuals and I can't see any mention of the adapters in the instructions (although I know they were mentioned in the instructions that came with my VGA cable)

I know this is besides the point, but, have you checked Radioshack? (don't flame me, just suggesting, I know they carry odd adapters and such)

Mine came with the gender changer. It did not come with an audio adapter. I had to buy that seperatly at Radio Shack.

I bought mine four days ago and it came with the gender changer for the 15pin VGA connection and also the 3.5 Stereo to RCA adaptor (which I didn't realise was included and bought a seperate one specifically to use with my speakers from an electronics shop :( ).

I am in the UK though, so perhaps they're including them in the packs over here :confused:

I got the gender changer and the RCA adapter. I have no idea why they stopped putting them in there.

I bought mine the night of release, and it indeed came with the gender changer.

Sphere

So it looks like MS did a switch-a-roo and removed the "extra" stuff. So the MS guy was right in sending just another cable.

I got mine about 2 months after launch and mine included both the VGA gender changer and the RCA convertor....the price was 40 bucks. I got it at gamestop.

got mine about 2 months after launch also and got the gender changer and the audio converter.

I got mine about a month after launch and it included the gender changer.

i bought mine in january, and it had the gender changer and the audio adapter. i remember reading somewhere (maybe the manual? not sure...) that what's included isn't standardized. i think the text was in the "how to connect your xbox" section, and it went something like, "you may need to use an adapter, which might not be included."

Got my VGA cable from Play-Asia.com last week. Came with both of the adaptors.

I ordered the "asian" version. They have a japanese one listed too but its more expensive. To the best of my knowledge, there's no difference between the two.

Rtstrider said:
I know this is besides the point, but, have you checked Radioshack? (don't flame me, just suggesting, I know they carry odd adapters and such)

I went to 3 local radioshack's. 2 of the stores argued with me that no such adapter exists and the other store tried to tell me that a DB15 2 row was a VGA adapter. Ugh...

Here is another vote for mine came with gender changer and audio converter plug. I got mine shortly after launch like most others, official MS VGA cable.

Back