Anyone still running a Titan Black?

melk

[H]ard|Gawd
These are strong in FP64 so I picked one up to crunch Milkyway@Home project. Happens to have a EK waterblock on it so I used that as an excuse to build out my first custom loop. Definitely learned a lot doing that.

Anyhow I haven't OC'd it yet but with temps sitting at 36-39 C at 100% load 24/7 I figure I should have some headroom to push up the core. I'm reading old reviews for a guidline on what kind of clocks I might be able to expect but just curious if anyone still has one of these in service and what kind of real world OC you have been able to hold?

Reading through that it looks like 1100+ should be easily attainable and 1200 might be possible. Nice.

So it turns out that under water without even touching it the card was boosting to a steady 1058. Bumped it up to 1209 with no apparent issues. Will let it crunch away at this speed and monitor for any Error work units before bumping it even more. :D

1 error work unit out of 1600 so far... seems solid. I'm going to crank the core a little more tonight when I get home. Then I might have to game on it a little bit too, just because :D

When I overclocked my measly gtx760 by 1500mhz memory and 100mhz core, I saw ZERO improvement in milkyway. Your mileage may vary.

Hrmm, yeah it's going to be a long time before I max out the RAC. I've never been a fan of OC memory, they seem to usually be pretty much near their limit anyway. Would rather go for max core clock which is now 1240 after bumping it some more :D

I've got a couple of them. One is in a spare machine and the other is in my girlfriend's computer. She's running games at 2560x1600 so its still trucking along even with the latest titles.

Back