Anyone know you can use almost any XBOX controller on your PC?!?!

kimmief

Weaksauce
I've recently hooked up a logitech wireless controller and a madcatz racing wheel, they are #%(*^% AWESOME!!! ( And Cheap, Controller $20 new shipped, Wheel $20 used pick-up )

Yes, the fact that Xbox360 controllers can be used on PCs is well-known.

It's well-known, but I'll say that it's probably not taken advantage of very often. A lot of games I wouldn't want to play any other way.

Good stuff. :)

One interesting fact PC controllers works on PS3 ( at least my rumblepad 2 did ), that means 360 controller will work on ps3? o.o

Anyone with both 360 and PS3 can confirm this?

Yes, the fact that Xbox360 controllers can be used on PCs is well-known.

Hell, even the original Xbox's controllers just used a slightly modified USB port. All you needed to make an adapter was the female end of an Xbox extension cable and the male end of a USB extension cable. Match all the wires up by color, with the Xbox end having one extra wire for lightguns that you could just tape off, and you have yourself an adapter to use Xbox controllers on a PC. There are, or at least used to be, drivers floating around the net for them also.

Haha...not making fun, just laughing at all the excitement. lol :D

Yeah most any you can plug right in I thought...It is microsoft...

I happen to like using the PS/PS2 controller with a USB adapter.

I've recently hooked up a logitech wireless controller and a madcatz racing wheel, they are #%(*^% AWESOME!!! ( And Cheap, Controller $20 new shipped, Wheel $20 used pick-up )

In all fairness he did say "wireless". I think the only way you can use wireless devices for the 360 on your PC is with the wireless receiver adapter still unless there is something new that I haven't heard of.

Where did you get that madcatz wheel for 20 bux? That's what I wanna know. And is it the one with FF or without FF because I hate wheels with FF. Call me old school or whatever. I used to have the red matcatz wheel that had ps2 ,xbox and gamecube adapters on it. That was one of my favorite wheels. At the time, I had no adapters to use it on the PC. Now I have adapters but no wheel...hehe . If I could find that wheel again...w00tness

Back