Anyone know if Logitech is commin wit new speakers?

Mad_Gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey I have $300 dollars and I was wondering if anyone knew if Logitech was comming out with new upgraded Z-680s or somethign like that to compete with the newly arrived Klispch 5.1Ultras? Should I buy the Logitech Z-680's for 290 shipped at newegg?

Their "new" speakers are the Z-5300's, basically a lower version of the Z-680's.

Get the ultra's.

You guys have any reviews or even have it? Whats so crazy about it? I saw that the sub is wayyy bigger. How is the quality and pure bass on it? I dunno if its worth $360 to me

Well you guys convinced me cuz I bought the Klipsch 5.1 Ultras on Newegg.com for 359........It best be worth it!

Originally posted by Mad_Gamer
Well you guys convinced me cuz I bought the Klipsch 5.1 Ultras on Newegg.com for 359........It best be worth it!

I got mine last week and they are great.

here's some teaser pics of older vs. newer:

newspeakers1.jpg

newspeakers2.jpg

newspeakers3.jpg

newspeakers4.jpg

newspeakers5.jpg

How do the compare to the Logitech Z-680s? And are these the best computer 5.1 speakers out there in the market?

From what I've heard personally, the Klipsch ultras are the best sounding speakers, followed closely by the Gigaworks, then the Z-680's. Features wise though, nothing beats the Z-680's.

Originally posted by Mad_Gamer
How do the compare to the Logitech Z-680s? And are these the best computer 5.1 speakers out there in the market?

look at it like this:

if you want thumpity-thump sound and dont care too much for crisp, clean sound then save yourself some $$$ and get the Z680s.

otherwise, if you want very good base WITH very clear, crisp sound, then get the Klipsch setup.

Well I ordered them last night, we will see how it goes compared to my Z-560's. Im sure they will kill and will be great for parties

If you really wanted to know, the new subwoofer uses a Slot Port. They supposedly make less noise, but I've never had a chance to test them out in that fashion. Oh, they're fairly rare on subwoofers but common on some Bookshelf Speaker designs. As far as I can tell, they are definetely trying to make those as "home-theater" friendly and type of speakers as they can, hence the cleaned up front-end of the sub. I hope you like the Klipschs, and I'd be interested in a "bass" comparison, since there are people on both sides that think the other sucks really bad, the funny thing is that neither has the component they are bashing.

Originally posted by D-EJ915
If you really wanted to know, the new subwoofer uses a Slot Port. They supposedly make less noise, but I've never had a chance to test them out in that fashion. Oh, they're fairly rare on subwoofers but common on some Bookshelf Speaker designs. As far as I can tell, they are definetely trying to make those as "home-theater" friendly and type of speakers as they can, hence the cleaned up front-end of the sub. I hope you like the Klipschs, and I'd be interested in a "bass" comparison, since there are people on both sides that think the other sucks really bad, the funny thing is that neither has the component they are bashing.

Ha, less (port) noise, it makes more in fact. But you have to take into account, that only happens when you turn it up, and I mean up.

As for the "bashing", I think I more than have the right to do so right now, even though I haven't bashed this entire thread, or haven't done so in a while for that matter.

The Z-680 bass is NOT REALISTIC. The Ultra's are. Louder, deeper, and tighter. Just so I knock down two birds with one stone, I am referring to multimedia subwoofers.

And thank god they increased the space between the two woofers, I was tired of that shit bottoming out so easy.

I actually was incorrect there. Slot ports can have the same tuning frequency in a smaller space than Tubes can.
And thank god they increased the space between the two woofers, I was tired of that shit bottoming out so easy.
Moving drivers farther apart does nothing to help "bottoming out", in which either the driver hits the frame or the spider does. This is part of the driver, and increasing the space between them does nothing except perhaps create a better flow between the drivers or a better backwave or something.

Back