Anyone have the 28" Hanns·G HG-281DPB?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

Costco has this for $599, just wondering what sort of panel this is. No ghosting, sharpness, contrast and color vibrancy are obviously things I want in a monitor. But what will this deliver?

Although 28" for $600... I shouldnt be complaining much :p

Well I know its a TN panel. Even then, it attracts me by the shear size alone.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/search.php?query=281DP&select=model

Hanns-G HG281DP 3ms 28"WS TN Film

Got mine yesterday! Went from 2 20" wide screen Vewsonics to this 28" and I am very pleased with this purchase!:D

I just bought the sister monitor to this Hans-G ... the Viewsonic 28". I believe it is an identical panel (has all same features and specs).

I do notice that there is some color shifting when you look at it from different angles but that doesn't bother me personally...I sit in the same spot all the time anyway! Colors are great and the size is amazing. I got it from costco.com for like $599 ... it was same price as Hans-G. The viewsonic isn't up on their website now but the Hans still is.

Overall I love this monitor!

Well finally, a montior with HDMI, but why oh why no dvi?!! grr.

I want the HDMI for my 360, and the dvi for my pc. I guess I can always get the dvi to vga connector for my computer hook up, but will that affect anything?

I just canceled my westy 37 order from onsale. They'll get some in on the 10th my ass....

I'll be ordering this....well...right now.

Should be here by Wednesday. I'll do a review when it gets here. :D

Oh, and check the FS forums if you're interested in a 2407 :D

I just bought the sister monitor to this Hans-G ... the Viewsonic 28". I believe it is an identical panel (has all same features and specs).

I do notice that there is some color shifting when you look at it from different angles but that doesn't bother me personally...I sit in the same spot all the time anyway! Colors are great and the size is amazing. I got it from costco.com for like $599 ... it was same price as Hans-G. The viewsonic isn't up on their website now but the Hans still is.

Overall I love this monitor!

I felt the same as you until I put the "good colors" to a test. From another thread I posted this:

If you don't mind, I would like you to go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx

And download the "The Discoverers (IMAX) 1080P" Version. I downloaded it to see what it would look like.Didn't know how bad TN panels were till now, I noticed it had horrible color blending in some instances, especially near the end with the sun going down over the horizon. I guess you could say "color banding".

Near the end of that video you will see what "dithering" is and why some/most don't like it. Don't get me wrong, the size is amazing, but size doesn't always equal quality. Good luck :)

Monitor should be arriving in a few days, i'll give it a shot and let ya know how it looks. If I dont like it... just gonna return it to my local costco lol

If anyone of you guys have a Xbox 360, I would be pleased to know how it looks on it. Thanks

Back