Anyone had their G7 cut off randomly?

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a logitech G7 and I and recently it has developed a problem where ir works perfect then randomly it looses connection for a fre seconds then comes back, but it's getting annoying. So has anyone had this problem before? is my mouse dying?

Have you tried moving the receiver closer to the mouse? It could be a signal strength issue. Also, try disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse with the receiver to change channels.

I've done both, also how do you go from working perfectly for months to then going nuts.

tried it again the receiver distance, it will only work if it's no further than 4-5 inches away. The MX 1000 works fine at a much reasonable distance. Maybe it's time to considering upgrading.

I randomly had troubles with my G700 doing that, but i also just added bigger speakers, and those turned out to be the problem... not shielded well and killed the signal when near them.

Yeah I had it happen all of the sudden, drove me nuts. Logitech replaced it but still had the same problem with the new one. At the time I lived in 3 story apartment, had a cordless phone and two Tivos on wireless, could not figure it out what was interfering...then the problem just went away. Still using the G7 now and have a new one in the box stashed in the garage.

I have a love hate relationship with the g7, I love the handling and weight, but I dunno if it's me but I hate the scroll wheel, It's a combination of I wish It was bigger and that it had less resistance when used. When I used the mx1000 for a day or two it just felt so heavy compared to the G7, great battery thou, I had it off for a few months and it was full charge when I put it back on.

I might just deal with it for now, but is there any other wireless mouse that you guys recommend so I can think about a future replacement ahead of time? know there is a ton of people that recommend wired but I just hate the pull on the wire.

I think they had a newer microsoft gaming mouse that had a rechargable mouse that could be connected with a wireless, and run wireless, any experiences with it?

Did microsoft keep implementing that new blue track technology they were raving about to replace standard laser?

The sidewinder x8, definitely not like a logitech mouse, I got rid of it after a week

My G7 that I bought used developed this problem after a month or so of me having it. It got to the point where it would lose connection every few minutes.

At that time, there were quite a few threads on Logitech's forum about this very issue.

I contacted their tech support people and they had me give them the serial number of the mouse and they sent me a brand new G9 free of charge.

That being said, the first wireless optical mouse I ever bought (back in 2000 or 2001) was the first model that Logitech ever made. It is still working fine to this day. I also bought a Logitech wireless keyboard around the same time. It is still working fine as well.

my g7? ive never had anything cut off randomly! is this a euphamism, and do you live in Rijad?

DON'T STEAL THINGS.

[COLOR="226"]when i had a g7 it never randomly disconnected[/COLOR]

I have problems with it sometimes. It would out of nowhere cut off as if the receiver doesn't work anymore. I just have to unplug and plug back in the USB thing and it works again. Annoying, but it only happens once every 2 weeks or so.

Back