Anyone go laptop only (no desktop)?

I like how 'laptop only' is a lot more niche on a hardware forum than the average household.

I dislike portability. Sounds a little crazy but it is the same reason I don't have a smart phone.
I like keeping the internet at my desk. I'm on the computer enough as it is.

Other factors - Ease of use, longevity, power and a new point: DRIVERS!
My mate has had a lot of problems with his 7970m. Mobile gaming seems to have a lot slower support than desktop.

That said my mate is a sole laptop user for a long time and other than driver related gpu usage in some games on his latest laptop it has worked out pretty well for him. I think it is cool(particularly with a dock), just not for me.

My wife and I have a traditional japanese style home (floor tables, floor chairs, tatami mat floors, shrines, traditional sliding paper doors, etc)

When I told her that a desktop was 1,000 usd less for the same amount of gaming power...she got pretty angry at me for suggesting a computer "setup". We now have a m17x r3 + 7970m and a m18x r2 7970m cfx. It mattered alot more to us that we could take it on the plane when we traveled over seas, take it on the train when we visit southern japan, and we can put it away and still have a traditional home (which apparently is very important to her).

I don't have any complaints... price is only an issue before you own it.

My wife and I have a traditional japanese style home (floor tables, floor chairs, tatami mat floors, shrines, traditional sliding paper doors, etc)

When I told her that a desktop was 1,000 usd less for the same amount of gaming power...she got pretty angry at me for suggesting a computer "setup". We now have a m17x r3 + 7970m and a m18x r2 7970m cfx. It mattered alot more to us that we could take it on the plane when we traveled over seas, take it on the train when we visit southern japan, and we can put it away and still have a traditional home (which apparently is very important to her).

I didn't realize that Alienware laptops use traditional Japanese styling. ;)

I didn't realize that Alienware laptops use traditional Japanese styling. ;)

Honestly, Have you seen a more rice inspired laptop? I think not. We put the laptops away for the sake of cleanliness and lack of clutter.

I have an idea of where this is going.
5070807074_4a44925dd8_o.jpg

Pics of house/wife/etc

Back