Anyone else a member of the Dark Brotherhood?

goodcooper said:
ROFL

its like the first quest man

Of the main quest? If so, I've completed up to the defense of Kvatch and rescue of Martin, and I'm not a Blade, according to the Factions menu. Those are a bit past the first quest.

Generaluser45 said:
Too late. I'm already guild leader....who was it?

Spoilers.....
DB mole uncovered!

None of the people in the santcuary were the mole. They all died for nothing. The one and only mole was the silencer/watcher you have to stop from killing the night mother.

I liked the purification :D I got very good armor from the fat orc, and also some good weapons from Ocheeva. His Claymore of Cold is more powerful than the sufferthorn. :cool:

Eagle156 said:
I liked the purification :D I got very good armor from the fat orc, and also some good weapons from Ocheeva. His Claymore of Cold is more powerful than the sufferthorn. :cool:

It's a freakin' CLAYMORE, though :p
I can land 3 hits with a dagger for every single hit of a larger sword...and a dagger or single-handed sword allows you to hold a shield, too.
There are TONS better swords than either of those weapons, but the Sufferthorn is a blade you can use to win the arena at an early level and with a character that isn't much of a fighter, too.
Right now if I go into Fort Severed Hand, almost every Marauder has a weapon better than either...but at lower levels I think the Sufferthorn is EASILY one of the strongest weapons available.

Domingo said:
It's a freakin' CLAYMORE, though :p
I can land 3 hits with a dagger for every single hit of a larger sword...and a dagger or single-handed sword allows you to hold a shield, too.
There are TONS better swords than either of those weapons, but the Sufferthorn is a blade you can use to win the arena at an early level and with a character that isn't much of a fighter, too.
Right now if I go into Fort Severed Hand, almost every Marauder has a weapon better than either...but at lower levels I think the Sufferthorn is EASILY one of the strongest weapons available.
Actually I just used the other sword that he had (Elven Longsword or something like that) and then I found a rock that allowed me to enchant weapons; so I added 10 frost damage to it. Found that it works better than the clamore. The Sufferthorn is good until you run out of magic, then you're screwed because the base stats suck. I don't have the soul trap spell, and I don't like paying 1k at the mages guild just to get it recharged for several hours.

hmmmm......

I'll have to give the DB a try. I just finished the Mages' Guild quests. Looks like a nice avenue for some fun.

I dont really use bows.....but if i sneak then shoot a fireball at someone.....

Sufferon!!! droooooool!
its is the best weapon you get early on, and it stays good for so many fights..
just add some extra shock poison for that extra kick and the mob is dead.

i did the purification with it, i think Ocheevas brother was the only one who went down in more than 3 hits, and was the only one who hit me....
the orc didnt have time to even draw his weapon...
btw,
is a health of 196 good for a lvl 8?

Megalomaniac said:
Sufferon!!! droooooool!

Sufferthorn? The powered-up blade of woe is better.

I did the purtrifaction with my bow and killed everyone in 1 hit, none of them even saw it coming, my enemies usually dont lol.

I snuck up behind the vampire and charged attacked him with an enchanted steel mace, he flew into a wall, head first.. and landed all goofy. :) Hmm, bows... Equip my max sneak armor, sneak up to enemy, equip my marksmanship armor and shoot, equip my max run armor and bail faster than the horses!

Moose777 said:
So, I just tried the killing someone in teh middle of town with the bow and arrow during the day.

I should not have learned this. I'm now having way too much fun running around town killing everyone. I'm even killing people who can sell me things. This is so much fun.

The best was killing that bum by the main entrance to Anvil. I hid behind a rock put an arrow in his chest, the guard that he was talking to just looked at him as I walked up to him and took all the little money he had. then the guard starts a conversation with me I looked at the screen and said, "umm..I just killed that guy. Aren't you going to arrest me?"

I think my game is broken :(. It might be because I have the difficulty slider turned down a bit, but even when I'm hiding and no one can see me, I still manage to get a bounty. I was in a barracks and slaughtered all the sleepings guards around with none of them waking up, but I still managed to get a bounty. I was crouched, BTW. Maybe my AI is dumbed down for my crappy computer.

Megalomaniac said:
Sufferon!!! droooooool!
just add some extra shock poison for that extra kick and the mob is dead.

i did the purification with it, i think Ocheevas brother was the only one who went down in more than 3 hits, and was the only one who hit me....
the orc didnt have time to even draw his weapon...
btw,
is a health of 196 good for a lvl 8?

I think I have just about 250 with a level 23, so.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I probably should've tried to level up block early to get endurance points...but oh well. I was thinking about making a new character and getting my life up sooner, but the thought of redoing all the guilds(especially the last thieves mission) makes me want to cry. Any thoughts?

***SPOILER****

To be honest the Dark brotherhood is good for warrior types too. When you get the mission to kill all the people in the hideout you can take thier weapons and armour. The orc guy gives you all Dwarven armour with the Chest and legs having magic effects. The vampire gives you a elven longsword and a magic fire longsword. You also get two fragment shortswords. Very worth while for dark brotherhood.

Molingrad said:
***SPOILER****

To be honest the Dark brotherhood is good for warrior types too. When you get the mission to kill all the people in the hideout you can take thier weapons and armour. The orc guy gives you all Dwarven armour with the Chest and legs having magic effects. The vampire gives you a elven longsword and a magic fire longsword. You also get two fragment shortswords. Very worth while for dark brotherhood.
orc has daedric armor

Yup, level scaling. Unless it's a *unique* magical weapon, the enemies will be carrying items that are to scale with your level.
Once you get over level 20, everyone tends to be carrying Glass, Ebony, and Daedric items. Every 3rd or 4th enemy actually carrying a magical weapon although which kind is randomized.
A person attempting a combat-related quest at level 3 isn't going to be fighting enemies that are armored like someone who's level 35.
Because the world is soooo big, it's one area where level scaling works wonders. It allows you to complete most quests at whatever strength you are rather than forcing down a path that requires to to do things in order...or making you level up a ton before doing anything.

Just joined.....oh it rocks.

Earlier today I killed the Captain.....then i left, saved, and shut down the PC. I realized that I never picked up his Cutlass. Need I go back and fight him again?

Why would you need his cutlass?

Besides, next time you load, it'll probably still be there. Things hang around for awhile before they disappear, from my observations.

ghostchamber said:
Trying to be a member. Not high level enough to kill anyone before the guards get me.

I killed some dude in a stable house then payed a fine. that was it.

I kept reading about the Dark Brotherhood so i finally gave in and joined. I killed some stupid begger that kept pissing me off. I didn't have the gold to pay so i ran like hell for a long ass time. The guard chased me FORVER, finally he got chased down by 3 wolves and a troll and killed. I laughed :D

I'm a Knight and the quests are fine. I was suprised with the posion the half dead guy. I sneaked right in front of this lady like 4 times and she NEVER saw me.. i'm like WTF.. oh well.

Yes, DB is awesome :D

I'm on the mission where you have to stalk the legion commander and pick him off with the poisoned arrow with his armor off.....

Aaanyways.....when do you have the chance to kill him? How long do you have to sit around before he strips down to his ninja turtle boxers and hits the sack?

Khaydarin said:
I'm on the mission where you have to stalk the legion commander and pick him off with the poisoned arrow with his armor off.....

Aaanyways.....when do you have the chance to kill him? How long do you have to sit around before he strips down to his ninja turtle boxers and hits the sack?

i must have got really lucky but as soon as i got in the city i saw a head floating in the water outside the castle and it was him..so i shot him with the arrow...then he started to attack me.(arrow doesnt kill instantly) so i killed him and took his finger, no one saw me even his body guard standing on the side of the pool...this was about 5:00pm if i remember right.

Wait - he was out of the Tower???

For me, he's upstairs with the guards just chit-chattin' away

he goes for a swim in the evening (the special arrow should take him in 1 hit..in sneaking mode)
try to save the arrow though...

i tried to take him out normally (like 15 times) but got beat down / attacked by bodyguard... so used arrow = 1 hit death

I finished but DB and theives guild quests, and now my character has such high sneak that he can push guys out of the way without being noticed by them. Dunegons are much easier now that I don't have to fight at all inside of them. The arena was also cake since I could stand at my entrace and just hit them with arrows without them even seeing me.

they can't see you in the arena?

hmm, some reason they Always see me when I sneak .
btw, I have 100 sneak (sometimes 110 w/ armour)

how do you do it in the arena? (might be useful for the animal fights)

I absloltely LOVE being an Assassin and a part of the DB. This is the FIRST time ever that I actually felt like I was "role-playing". I was this cold-blooded, heartless assassin that NEVER speaks. I just take my orders, poison my blades and take out the target in the shadow. Then I go back and claim my reward and get out, all without saying a single word. I don't talk, I only kill.

:D :D :D

Things were going along pretty well until I hit the "next of kin" quest. I'm completely stuck on how to kill the one in Leyawin without getting caught :(

Antimatter3009 said:
Things were going along pretty well until I hit the "next of kin" quest. I'm completely stuck on how to kill the one in Leyawin without getting caught :(

Hint: 5pm.

pilotace001 said:
they can't see you in the arena?

hmm, some reason they Always see me when I sneak .
btw, I have 100 sneak (sometimes 110 w/ armour)

how do you do it in the arena? (might be useful for the animal fights)

Well right now, my sneak is at 144, but I think last time I was in the arena it was around 126 or something. For me to not get detected I would have to stay behind the fence on the stairs after it opens up. The other guy would then run out to the middle of the arena but won't be able to see me until he took about 3 or 4 steps closer. Fortunately, I could hit him with an arrow and push him back.

However this didn't really work when I had to fight more than 1 person i the arena, since I couldn't hit them with arrows fast enough to keep them from coming close enough to see me.

If you finish the thieves guild quest you will get something that will greatly boost your sneak.

Antimatter3009 said:

I got her at about 730am when she goes into the inn alone. Attacked, resisted arrest and took her out. Fled to the waterfront to pay off the bounty. Probably not the best way - not sure what happens at 5pm but I'd definitely check it out before going to all the work I did.

Baredor said:
I got her at about 730am when she goes into the inn alone. Attacked, resisted arrest and took her out. Fled to the waterfront to pay off the bounty. Probably not the best way - not sure what happens at 5pm but I'd definitely check it out before going to all the work I did.

Nevermind that, I've mistaken it for something else.

Baredor said:
Unfortunately, attacking her in the inn is the only thing I can come up with and no matter how you do it it still gets you a large bounty and the guards attack you on sight. I even tried having her start the fight in front of another guard, but then that guard just attacks me. She doesn't seem to sleep at all either. I mean, I can just kill her and pay the bounty, but it seems wrong that a) an assassin quest has no sneaky way of dealing with someone and b) I get the bounty even if no one is around to see me go in or out of the room, let alone me killing her.

This entire hit seemed buggy or just scripted unlogically to me. When I took out Matthias in the Imperial City, he was asleep in his bed with no shirt on even. I shot an arrow into his face and he jumps up and is instantly in full chainmail. In fact, the one at the inn was the only one I was able to silently off (and the guard still caught me).

I've actually been disappointed in the DB quests ever since I had to "purify". The dead drop stuff lessens the edge too. I'm not reading spoilers on it, so I hope it gets much better before the end. Just picked up my orders from the well in Skingrad.

So far in the line of DB quests, this is the only one I have any complaints about. It's very disappointing, though, because when I first got the quest I thought it sounded great. Unfortunately, it seems that no one actually played through this one as it is buggy, frustrating, and simply not much fun. I don't feel like I'm assassinating them so much as just murdering. The previous one, with the half lich, also was a bit disappointing because there wasn't really anything to it, but at least there was an interesting way of killing him.

What exactly is the quest? I've done all the DB quests so I might be able to help you out...

Back