Anyone built an HTPC on a Raaberry Pi?

Yup, Running one right now.

A few Suggestions:
1) get a good power supply it is the number one problem that people face because if it can deliver the right voltages and amps the Pi will have problems. It can cause USB problems, Ethernet Problems, and just not have it work at all. Also if you get the right USB Hub it can power the newer Pi through the USB Ports (no need for a the Pi to have its own PSU)

2) The number one bottleneck is the SD I/O so i recommend installing it on an external USB storage device (will still need an SD for /boot ). I know with RaspBMC it has an option to automatically do this (Will formate the storage)

3) I would overclock as well, RaspBMC gives some automatic options blus advance control. be warned though there is still a bug with Turbo Mode and it corrupting some SD card, my SD card has this problem but using USB storage seems to get rid of it.

4) Be prepared to do some work and maybe a few reformats, the platform is still in development and things still have problems, but when its working its great.

Hope that helps. :D oh and dont be expecting to run skins like Aeon or its like they are way to heavy for it.

It's pretty unstable and buggy. I have one with RaspBMC. Honestly i'll wait another few months before getting it.

Also, don't even try it unless you're planning to do audio over HDMI. The included analog audio makes a loud popping sound anytime sound files are started or stopped.

Back