Anybody with an NZXT Switch 810?

UrielDagda

2[H]4U
If so, I just connected the wiring to the motherboard and am left with two wires I'm not sure what they're for...

One is a SATA power connector... What does this power? (the fan hub uses Molex)... I don't want to plug it in if I don't know what it's for.

Then there is one labeled "USB" but I've already plugged in the USB 2 and 3 connectors, and this particular connector only has the female part for one row of 3 pins and a blocked--- not a proper USB connector.. What's that for, and do I just plug it into the row of a USB mobo port that fits it?

Neither of these connectors are mentioned in the Switch 810 manual.

Ah Christ the fan hub is defective, the molex connector is jacked up.

Why the hell do they make a case with ancient crap like that?

I had two 810's, and they most certainly told me what those connectors were for in the manual. Although it doesn't really take the manual to tell you the single USB is for the card reader and the SATA power connector is for the lights on the I/O area.

I had two 810's, and they most certainly told me what those connectors were for in the manual. Although it doesn't really take the manual to tell you the single USB is for the card reader and the SATA power connector is for the lights on the I/O area.

Yeah I completely forgot about the light in the back for the I/O area.. I plugged it in anyway and, boy is that a bright light!

I plugged the USB dongle in, even though I don't need a card reader.. Might as well, the mobo had spare USB internals. :D

I'm just so happy I got it all up and working!!

Yeah I completely forgot about the light in the back for the I/O area.. I plugged it in anyway and, boy is that a bright light!

I plugged the USB dongle in, even though I don't need a card reader.. Might as well, the mobo had spare USB internals. :D

I'm just so happy I got it all up and working!!

It is a really good case, I liked mine a lot. I had the white and sold it for the gunmetal special edition when it came out. Those lights on the back are definitely bright, but they do help out. There should be a button on the front to turn them on and off IIRC.

Back