Any way to get the latest drivers and CAPS to work with a 4870X2?

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
After 12.6 AMD display drivers refuse to install on machines with that they consider legacy cards. My 4870x2 still does pretty well in most games, and I don't feel like buying a new videocard because I can't get the latest Crossfire CAPS to work.

I was rocking 12.2s for a long time and I was even able to use CAPS 12.8. I would really like to get the latest drivers, and at a minimum just the latest CAPS to work on my machine, because I want Crossfire for PlanetSide 2.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Check out Guru3D's forum. I believe members there craft hacked legacy support out of the new drivers on occasion.

Check out Guru3D's forum. I believe members there craft hacked legacy support out of the new drivers on occasion.

Sweet, I'll look into that.

You used these right?
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx

What problems did you have?

You should be able to install any CAP, including the latest ones, on top of any driver going as far back as 10.2.

Same behavior happens with 12.2 and those (12.6 Legacy).
Lets say I have CAP 12.8 installed, and then I install CAP 12.11. After installation I go to the profiles, and all I have are the default profiles that come with the drivers. That means stuff like 3DMark, Devil May Cry 4, crap like that. I lost all the 12.8 profiles and I didn't get any of the new 12.11 profiles.

Sweet, I'll look into that.

Same behavior happens with 12.2 and those (12.6 Legacy).
Lets say I have CAP 12.8 installed, and then I install CAP 12.11. After installation I go to the profiles, and all I have are the default profiles that come with the drivers. That means stuff like 3DMark, Devil May Cry 4, crap like that. I lost all the 12.8 profiles and I didn't get any of the new 12.11 profiles.

Happened to me also on 4890s. Can't find any profiles that use to be there. Use to have bf3 and other ones. Now only the driver ones load up. I think they dropped support completely now. Might be in the dark.

have you tried 12.11 cap2?

there was an issue with cap1 not working correctly

Happened to me also on 4890s. Can't find any profiles that use to be there. Use to have bf3 and other ones. Now only the driver ones load up. I think they dropped support completely now. Might be in the dark.

Sure looks like I'm left in the dark.

Checked around and there are some hacked drivers here and there but they didn't manage to get the latest CAPS to work.

I'm actively looking for a good deal on a GTX 670.
It was a good run. Been using ATI/AMD cards consecutively since 2000, but I feel like I got really screwed.

are these profiles you have created yourself?

AMD cat and driver profiles are never visable to the user....

interesting,

i was unaware the xfire profiles were exposed.

the 3d profiles are not.

Back