any reason to buy ati vs sapphire?

Dome

2[H]4U
i'm going to be buying a 9800 pro, and the ati card costs 30 bucks more than the sapphire. i was wondering if there was a good reason to go w/ the ati vs the sapphire. i know on the sticky it said because of heatsinks and stuff, but if i'm going to be running at stock speeds, or if i overclock w/ custom cooling, it won't matter right?

i figure i can buy a dvd player w/ the extra money

both are good cards.. there's no right or wrong choices between the 2.. both have good warranty i believe.. but for personal choices, i would go w/ BB ATI.. (it's a personal choice, so dont go telling me again why did u chose BBATI over saphire.. it's a personal choice) so good luck and hope u get what u paid for.. peace.

way i see it is why not go with the original developer ( ati ) I would think they would save the best for themselves. and they cheaper also !

For that price diference, I'd go with ATI since the ATI MMC software is kind of nice to have.

I had both versions of the 9800pro. I toasted my sapphire :/. But i have to say that the sapphire version was able to OC way more then the BBA 9800. I was able to get 460/370 with my sapphire and my BBA was only a dingy 410/365

There is no noticeable difference between the ATI or the Sapphire if you don´t take overclock into account. And with that it´s a gamble if both uses stock cooling anyway. Get the cheaper and never look back.

what is MMC software? is it really worth 30 bucks if i'm not going to overclock?

Originally posted by Dome
what is MMC software? is it really worth 30 bucks if i'm not going to overclock?

MMC = MultiMedia Software. It can be worth while for some people. ATI has made network video streaming software that only works with Built By ATI cards. Plus ATI's DVD player software is nice also.

What about the Half Life 2 bundle? Does the Pro series come with Half Life 2 or is it just the XT series? And does it only apply to BBA cards?

Both are nice cards, but ATI has a better track record for overclocking.

Back