Any opinions on Corsair water blocks?

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
So I just decided to celebrate a recent promotion (though they haven't actually told me what my raise will be yet) by ordering a 4090 FE.

Anyway, I plan to water cool it since I already have a custom loop set up. I've been looking at blocks and the usual suspects are all there, EK, heatkiller, alphacool, etc. Then I noticed that apparently Corsair has moved beyond just AIOs. When did that happen? Are their full cover blocks any good? I don't expect any of you to have actually tried their 4090 FE block, but I have no idea what the reputation of their blocks is in the community.

started a couple or three years ago, iirc. im using one of their cpu blocks and it seem decently built and works good. dont know about their gpu blocks though, but it does look decent.

They are decent for the money. EK, Heatkiller etc are nicer. Temperature wise I've not directly compared them.

I've bought a lot if xspc but it looks like their most recent gpu block was for the 2080 ti unless I'm missing something.
Well, I must admit I don't pay attention to water cooling a much as I used to. :)

I have a few bykski full coverage blocks for 30 series cards. They work really well provided you get good thermal pads for the memory and the right sizes for everything. I did some tasks that really stressed memory temps and they always stayed cool.

Unfortunately it is a fair bit of trial and error or finding someone that did it already and documented everything.

I have a few bykski full coverage blocks for 30 series cards. They work really well provided you get good thermal pads for the memory and the right sizes for everything. I did some tasks that really stressed memory temps and they always stayed cool.

Unfortunately it is a fair bit of trial and error or finding someone that did it already and documented everything.
All the Bykski blocks I tested were excellent for the prices a few years ago. Not the best, but very good in terms of temps and quality. Not sure on longevity.

All the Bykski blocks I tested were excellent for the prices a few years ago. Not the best, but very good in terms of temps and quality. Not sure on longevity.

I've run a couple of their blocks long term. No issues with them.

I'd go with alphacool/heatkiller over corsair, the corsair blocks I've seen have very small cooling surface compared to other brands and didn't seem to compare well.

Back