Any non FPS games?

peacetilence

2[H]4U
I know this might sound like a weird question. More or less I am tired of the standard FPS games. I wanted to know if there were any games coming out with PPU support that aren't FPS? I know City of VIllains will have PhysX and after playing the 14 day free trial I have strongly considered a memebership to that game but are there any other non FPS games coming out with these cards? I am kind of excited about PPU's because this could mean new innovation for PC games like when 3D cards were first introduced, and by innovation, I mean anything but the standard 1-2 FPS games a year and all the lame console ports!

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends is coming out soon, and there is a small list here not sure what kind of games all of them are,

also i think FPS are the best to display the awsome physics so thats what im looking forward to.

http://physx.ageia.com/titles.html

peacetilence said:
I know this might sound like a weird question. More or less I am tired of the standard FPS games. I wanted to know if there were any games coming out with PPU support that aren't FPS? I know City of VIllains will have PhysX and after playing the 14 day free trial I have strongly considered a memebership to that game but are there any other non FPS games coming out with these cards? I am kind of excited about PPU's because this could mean new innovation for PC games like when 3D cards were first introduced, and by innovation, I mean anything but the standard 1-2 FPS games a year and all the lame console ports!

some of those console ports are a breath of fresh air for pc gaming. games that are nothing at all like other pc games.

1 example of many, Beyond Good & Evil. excellent game. nobody bought it. I own both the ps2 and PC versions.

I've played the demo (out now, and available at the usual suspects) and it's actually one of the few titles on Ageia's 2006 list that not only *isn't* an FPS, but looks much better than any other title of its type (RTS) even without PhysX. Because of both these details, it could actually drive sales of PhysX cards in the retail channel. Who would have thought we would *ever* see an RTS where *physics* can be part of what grabs you and doesn't let you go? You would *expect* that in a shooter, but in a strategy title? The original Rise of Nations helped rewrite the RTS map (along with Civ III; makes sense, since Brian Reynolds is a disciple of Sid Meier, who is *directly* responsible for the first, third, and fourth Civ titles). Rise of Legends could force another rewrite.

Back