Any news on US release date for Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5?

PcZac

Limp Gawd
Two weeks ago there was a huge release of reviews and news for this board, but no hint at an actual release date. It seems to be on sale in the UK, my current PC build relies on this board, already order a bunch of parts during the black friday sales.

I really thought it would be out just in time for the Black Friday sales, but I can't find shit in regards to a NA/US release date. There's just nothing out there...

Which sucks, because I'm really anxious to see what the official reviews say about this one.

Me too, jajajaja

Sometimes e-mailing support will actually give you a release date.

It's sad because this is the only socket 2011 v3 board I've been considering, the EVGA mATX won't work with my heatsink due to the first PCI-E slot being blocked, but it will working with the Gigabyte. I guess I should now consider the ASRock options.

It's sad because this is the only socket 2011 v3 board I've been considering, the EVGA mATX won't work with my heatsink due to the first PCI-E slot being blocked, but it will working with the Gigabyte. I guess I should now consider the ASRock options.

I have about 3 weeks until I needa new PC, promised my mom my old PC and I'm driving up to see her for christmas, so it better be out before then

I think I'm going to order the ASRock X99M Extreme4 tomorrow night ($35 off rebate ends 12/2), if there is no news by then. I'll try emailing Gigabyte support too.

I think I'm going to order the ASRock X99M Extreme4 tomorrow night ($35 off rebate ends 12/2), if there is no news by then. I'll try emailing Gigabyte support too.

Which site?

Curious if you hear anything back from Gigabyte support, I am awaiting this board also.

Tried Twitter, Facebook, and their website contact us. No response.

Why is it so difficult?hahahah

BTW way I e-mail Newegg to see if I could get an answer, nothing yet.

Last edited:
Good grief...this thing is pretty much vaporware at this point. :rolleyes:

Wish Asus would pull their heads out of their asses and release an X99 Gene. That may actually stimulate other manufs to get their shit together and actually release high-end X99 uATX MoBos.

Good grief...this thing is pretty much vaporware at this point. :rolleyes:

Wish Asus would pull their heads out of their asses and release an X99 Gene. That may actually stimulate other manufs to get their shit together and actually release high-end X99 uATX MoBos.

I really do not want to be forced to get the Asrock board. I still have some water cooling components on back order, but they will be here next week. My current X58 platform is becoming long in the tooth at this point and is hindering my SLI 780Ti's.

I'm in no hurry, since I have a beefy new laptop, but I HATE waiting.

I'm in no hurry, since I have a beefy new laptop, but I HATE waiting.

Yeah, I have been waiting a while to upgrade at this point. I was originally going to go with Z97 in the summer but had no time to build a new machine. Then X99 came out and I decided to just go all out and jump on the latest, I ordered a Caselabs S5 which took a month to come in and by that time black Friday was already here so I figured I would wait for some deals. So really getting the upgrade itch at this point.

Yeah I ordered the ASRock yesterday, I want to make sure all the parts I ordered over Black Friday work, and I get my rebates going since most required being mailed within a few weeks.

I've been waiting forever for SOME better option than the x99 micro or the asrock offerings. Gigabyte looks like it could fill the bill. Hopefully we will see availability soon.

"This product has just arrived in the U.S and should be available in the market by next week. Please check Newegg for inventory between 12-10 to 12-12."

Yeah I ordered the ASRock yesterday, I want to make sure all the parts I ordered over Black Friday work, and I get my rebates going since most required being mailed within a few weeks.

I almost shit a brick when you said $35 rebate because I bought that board on Nov 28th for $203.99-$25(visa checkout) and a $35 rebate would have made that SUPER SLICK.

Read carefully, I dug around the NewEgg rebate center and checked out that $35 rebate, it's actually for the Extreme 4 FullATX version even though it is clearly posted under the X99M product.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.newegg.com/Special/Rebat...aveAmount=&item=N82E16813157544&action=search

The $35 rebate in question

If you're thinking it might be a typo on the rebate form
The EAN from the current rebate which lists the X99M doesn't match the EAN from the above.

Ugh, at least now I'll have an excuse to return it if the gigabyte is affordable. Hopefully Newegg's customer service is good about fixing an error like this, it was clearly advertised on the product page as $35 off.

The gigabyte one will be $269, it was in the anadtech press release.

Both of these e-tailers seem to be gouging pretty hard for delivery. Neobits wants $281 + $17 s/h, SuperBiiz wants $260 + $10 s/h.

Although, SuperBiiz seems to be in-line with the $269-ish supposed price point, given their checkout price plus shipping...may not be such a bad overall deal, after all. If the street price is indeed $269, that is.

Placed mine as well, now I need to go to Microcenter and pick up a 5820k

I ended up getting a Intel retail edge 5930k for $240. Waiting on shipping, I have everything else. Newegg was a pain getting them to refund me for the $35 mail in rebate they advised but the motherboard didn't qualify for. Would of rather got the GIGABYTE GA-X99M-GAMING 5, but not paying $60 more for it.

I ended up getting a Intel retail edge 5930k for $240. Waiting on shipping, I have everything else. Newegg was a pain getting them to refund me for the $35 mail in rebate they advised but the motherboard didn't qualify for. Would of rather got the GIGABYTE GA-X99M-GAMING 5, but not paying $60 more for it.

I guess we're gonna be twins.

Back