Any new BF2 1.03 Patch rumors?

NumbLock

Limp Gawd
Any new BF2 1.03 Patch rumors? I want to consider my tactics after the patch. Do some mental preparation.

The official announcement is pretty vague.

They have a list of all the changes and fixes going in the next patch, might still be up on the main website. It was scheduled for the end of august but has been delayed and now has no release date.

I get the feeling there won't be the sort of 'weapon tweaking' changes we've seen in previous battlefield games, especially compared to Battlefield Vietnam. In BFV, each patch would turn the game up on it's head with fundamental weapon changes.

I think they're mainly focusing on GUI, game stably issues etc. It gives me the impression that one team designed and made the main game tested it REALLY well, and some other bunch of monkeys did all the menu's, intro, and other gui stuff etc and made a pig's ear of it.

That said, there'll no doubt be a few tweaks to the guns. I'm expecting them to make the L85A less accurate. I love that gun, the most accurate in the game. You can take out snipers easily with it. I'm just assuming they're gunna fuck it up 'cos it's too good to be true - sod's law and all that...

The only weapon tweaks I want are:

• Support gun made more accurate.
• AK101 slightly less powerful.
• Eryx more damage against EVERYTHING especially helicopters.
• Tank shell against anything airbourne = kill. It makes me laugh every time I get a wicked good shot with a tank shell on a blackhawk and then not even see it smoke. Truly pathetic.

The reason I posted this thread is I am anxiously considering how I may be forced to adjust my gameplay to the changes.

I think BF2 is nearly perfect - besides the bugs and obvious exploits.

Actually I hope for no weapons tweaking. Except maybe a bit more accuracy from the support weapons which I never use anyway. It would be good to see a few more support and engineer players. The TK problem of the engineers is a big turnoff which could be fixed if you read the patch notes, and a bit more accuracy from the support would help to get more players on these two classes. Also the non-USMC transport helos are slow with damn weak guns compared to the blackhawk.

The fact that you get online and you see skilled players using all of the classes says that they got it just about right.

Hell, I think even bunnyhopping blackhawks is ok. I have gained a lot of points by firing a rocket through the door :p .A point farming exploit in my opinion is one where you need the cooperation of an enemy player.

The ranking system is genious.

All I want is more stability, a fixed and full-featured friggin server browser and perhaps a bit more performance. Well, two out of three ain't bad - from what the official notes say.

NumbLock said:
I think BF2 is nearly perfect - besides the bugs and obvious exploits.
Bwahahaha! That describes every game on the market. Might as well say that the crack whore on the corner is nearly perfect - besides the VD and the obvious facial blemishes.

Hell, I'll be glad if they simply fix it so that I don't randomly get kicked out of servers because I've supposedly lost my connection. Granted, this usually only happens to me once or twice during each 3 hour session that I play. I'm not sure how I lose my connection to the server because I can still refresh my browser list and join either the same server or another server and be fine for a while again.

It would be kind of nice also if there were other ways of destroying the satalite trailer and what not. I had a tank one time and was at the enemies base and decided to try to destroy their satelite trailer and I shot and shot at it with tank shells but nothing happened to it. It's kind of stupid that only the spec ops c4 packs can destroy it.

Other than that I really enjoy this game and even if these things aren't fixed I'll continue to play. I'm only an average skilled player but it's still a very fun game.

Is the main weapon for Special Forces a candidate to be nerfed? The U.S.'s version with the lazer dot PWNS :D
I finally got into Battlefield 2, can't wait untill the patch :D

Genocidal[v2] said:
Blackhawks are getting nurfed in the patch, not sure how though.

How do you know?

I think the BH's are fine the way they are. Its the Russian chopper that has the problems...

What they should "nerf" in the patch is all the dumbasses who dont use the spotted feature. CHRIST that's alot of people though. I didn't even start using the feature regularly until I was a lance corp

Once a BH has been spotted it's dead.

spine said:
That said, there'll no doubt be a few tweaks to the guns. I'm expecting them to make the L85A less accurate. I love that gun, the most accurate in the game.

The only weapon tweaks I want are:

• Support gun made more accurate.
• AK101 slightly less powerful.
• Eryx more damage against EVERYTHING especially helicopters.
• Tank shell against anything airbourne = kill. It makes me laugh every time I get a wicked good shot with a tank shell on a blackhawk and then not even see it smoke. Truly pathetic.

The L85A1 is the least accurate for rapid-fire, and it's 2nd most accurate for single-shots. It's equal to the m16's accuracy on the first shot, but the m16 recovers accuracy faster so it can place those super accurate shots faster than the L85A1 which needs to wait longer.

The L85A1 is the in-between gun, offering high long-distance accuracy when shot with low ROF, with potential for full-auto at close range albeit with low accuracy. It's not the best at long range or short range but is ideal for those who want a good balance in both cases. It does however have the best scope view of them all, giving a user-friendliness advantage over the m16 at long range precision shots.

Also note that it has a crippled prone modifier, all the assault rifles use the same stance modifiers, except for the L85A1 which has a weak prone modifier so that the difference between crouching and prone for the L85A1 is less pronounced than doing so with the other rifles. This means that the L85A1 must wait longer for their shot deviation to wear off(i.e shoot slower).

I wish for the same weapon tweaks. However, the required hits to kill with the rocket launcher are the same as they were in previous battlefield games so a change to that is highly unlikely.

yeah, the patch coming out would be nice but i stopped playing it after stupid school started. not enough time in the day. :(

dont count night because i dont like telling teachers that i fell asleep in class because i was up all night playing bf2.

ea said there will be over 140 fixes... not much info on the patch though.. too bad it got delayed.. :(

QFT

It really getting out of hand.

This one time I was playing and decided to be a sniper and try to improve my skills with the rifle, I try to snipe this guy at a long distance, missed and he start bunny-hopping like there is no tomorrow. Pretty damn sad, if you ask me.

Lazy_Moron said:
QFT

It really getting out of hand.

This one time I was playing and decided to be a sniper and try to improve my skills with the rifle, I try to snipe this guy at a long distance, missed and he start bunny-hopping like there is no tomorrow. Pretty damn sad, if you ask me.

that and the god damn grenade launchers. I was in a room the other day and I could have sworn I was playing rocket arena. With all the bunny hoping rocket guys and grenade launcher guys it is horrible.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
that and the god damn grenade launchers. I was in a room the other day and I could have sworn I was playing rocket arena. With all the bunny hoping rocket guys and grenade launcher guys it is horrible.

Havnt encountered the "rocket arena" problem yet. Probably because I stopped playing it, until this new patch comes out.

They need to increase the accuracy/zoom with the sniper rifles. Damage is fine however.

i hope they make the support guns more 'supportive'. i unlocked the PKM support gun in hopes that it will be more lethal than cotton candy in a future patch.

Bo_Bice said:
i hope they make the support guns more 'supportive'. i unlocked the PKM support gun in hopes that it will be more lethal than cotton candy in a future patch.
The most fun is when your trying to hit someone 40 ft away prone. 5 Hits to kill him and it took 140 rounds to kill him. :rolleyes:

Yeah, why the hell did they make the support class so massively inaccurate?

Surely it's slowness and neccessity to deploy would balance out having an accurate and powerful gun when prone, but NOOOOOOoooooo.... they have to make it single handedly the WORST gun in the entire game.

And also, this is a note about sniper rifles, when you're fucking point blank range to somoene, I don't care how 'inaccurate' they make these guns; a gun is a gun. It has a 2 foot barrel and you're not gunna fucking miss if you're pointing that at point blank range. The amount of times I've gone up to someone and shot them at point blank with a sniper rifle (not zoomed) and missed is hilarious. Yeah I know, you're meant to use it zoomed, but come on, it's just crappy coding in the way they make the guns innaccurate.

I heard somewhere that you can get better hits with the support gun if you actually always aim slightly below and left of somoene because of the way the innacuracy is consistently innaccurate.

Ok, I'm done ranting...

My only wishes:

1 - More damage from antitank weapons to helicopters. BFV seemed to have it about right.

2 - Grenade launcher tweak. More splash damage towards the shooter... You should not be able to launch a grenade at someone from 5 feet and live. That will cut down on the grenade fast people a lot. I generally only use it when I need it (out of ammo and no time to reload, people hiding, act of desperation)

3 - Increased damage from M95

4 - Improved uphill ability in some vehicles. Those little buggies should be much faster up hill and on level ground.

-Sean Casey said:
My only wishes:

1 - More damage from antitank weapons to helicopters. BFV seemed to have it about right.

Agree wholeheartedly on #1, but the overall damage from AT rounds should increase. It's an anti-tank weapon, fer chrissake. It shouldn't take 4 rounds to take out a tank. As someone who's fired the Dragon, the real world predecessor of the the BF2 US AT weapon -- at actual decommissioned tanks, no less -- I can state with authority that they're much more powerful than in the game. Two or three should be all that is required to take out even the strongest vehicle.

In BF2, more than once I've put an AT round into the open back hatch of a loaded, fleeing Chinese transport chopper and it has not only barely damaged the helo, but failed to kill everyone in the crew compartment. Total bullshit.

They do have the reticle guidance of the rounds down pretty well, though.

Oh I agree, perosnally I think an AT round to the back of a tank and it should be crispy critter time. However, I understand some people might be turned off by it so I figure I would give in on that aspect. Just need a good reality mod that tweaks all of the damages to be as realistic as possible.

I'm still waiting for a Falcon 4 simulator level Tank or Infantry sim. And a replacement for Longbow would be nice too.

Well I agree with most of these suggestions, I can't say all because I haven't ran into them, such as bunny hopping, but the Anti-Take weapon, as well as the speed uphil on the buggy, and the inacurateness of the support class I can agree on. Is there a specific server that [H] Forum members play on? I've been trying to find a decent server with teamwork, but it seems random server picks only find so many out of the 3K+ servers listed....

Hexus0 said:
Well I agree with most of these suggestions, I can't say all because I haven't ran into them, such as bunny hopping, but the Anti-Take weapon, as well as the speed uphil on the buggy, and the inacurateness of the support class I can agree on. Is there a specific server that [H] Forum members play on? I've been trying to find a decent server with teamwork, but it seems random server picks only find so many out of the 3K+ servers listed....

I get good teamplay at these servers (out of the dozens I've played):

divo.net Ranked BF2 #6
server_ip: 209.247.192.200
udp_port: 29900
(GREAT freaking 64-player server!!!! At 1:30am Thurs. night/Friday morn, it's at 62/64; that should say something about the server)

=AAF= Arizona Armed Forces
server_ip: 70.86.55.26

FMG - Mostly Mashtuur
server_ip: 70.85.221.35

Frontline Formation
server_ip: 70.86.37.90

Zboard Ranked Server - Chicago, IL 5
server_ip: 69.12.86.123

Just a few to look into.

-Sean Casey said:
4 - Improved uphill ability in some vehicles. Those little buggies should be much faster up hill and on level ground.

Yeah seriously. Getting started up a hill can be rediculous. Uhm... is there an electric motor in this Hummer? Even so I think the batteries are dead. WTF!!!!!

I hope their "Special Ops fixes" means that they will give points to Spec Ops people that do their job blowing up the oppositions base.

I think that the Hummer's machine gun needs to be nerfed. It can take out a helicopter very quickly, and compared to an Eryx (AT), it does a ton more damage. I'd rather see the Eryx do more damage and the Hummer machine gun do less. The machine gun on the American and Chinese helicopter need to do more damage to infantry, because a soldier shouldn't be able to get hit three seperate times from a helicopter cannon and still live. Also, Linebackers range for lock needs to decrease. They can lock onto a target they can't see halfway across the map. And some AA guns need to be moved slightly (or range limited), like the one on Sharqi Peninsula at the southern US base that can lock onto the MEC helicopter at spawn.

I also hope that the fix the grenade launcher because it seems like a monkey could aim and shoot that thing and get kills easily. In America's Army, if the grenade doesn't travel far enough, it doesn't detonate. The grenade launcher is not a close range weapon.

There's probably a ton more that I just haven't remembered to put.

its not getting released.
EA says the game is stable and bug-free

I forgot about the Support Class inaccuracy. I would love to see that get fixed also. The times when a Support Class player is needed to provide cover fire for the team in heavy firefights, it never works. The bullets go everywhere but to the target area. Support players play a big role in huge battles as they provide cover fire for the whole squad, and with this inaccuracy problem, they cant provide that needed cover fire and are better off with a Special Force weapon or something else.

For the grenade launcher.. ideally, i'd like for them to have a system like in America's Army where the grenade won't explode unless it covers a certain distance. But any tweaks to splash damage TOWARDS the shooter would be appreciated. Being able to launch one at somebody at point blank and live is ridiculous.

Back