Any mods for a HD2400 Pro?

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
I have an ATI HD2400 Pro that has a passive heatsink that covers the gpu and ram. I mounted ( doesn't fit well but works ) a 120mm fan to is and it now idles around 38c and loads at 42-43c. I was wondering if there are any mods for this to help increase performance. I know this card will never be spectacular but I just want it to last me a bit longer while I save for a new card. I was hoping i could unlock shaders or volt mod or something like that. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Install a 3rd party cooler? Theres really not much you can to besides fans to cool it.

nothing you can do will make a 2400 worth a poop for modern games. also with that P4 in there you certainly dont want too spend to much on a new card when you do get a new one. really at this point you need a new pc if modern games are your interest.

how would the 8800gtx work for my system? It would be a big step up from my current hd2400 pro right? how much of a bottleneck would I see from my processor?

how would the 8800gtx work for my system? It would be a big step up from my current hd2400 pro right? how much of a bottleneck would I see from my processor?

It would be an improvement over your current card but it would still be chocked pretty bad.

it would be ridiculous to put an 8800gtx in a system with a single core P4. with that cpu there is no point in going with more than a low end card like a 9500gt.

well i posted a F/T thread here because I have an extra graphics tablet that I'm not using. Basically I would be getting it for only the cost of shipping the tablet. i realize i would still be bottle necked but i would still see a good deal of improvement over my hd2400. Think I should use my Biostar NF61-S AM2 board that has a sempron 3400+ and eventually upgrade to a dual core?

well i posted a F/T thread here because I have an extra graphics tablet that I'm not using. Basically I would be getting it for only the cost of shipping the tablet. i realize i would still be bottle necked but i would still see a good deal of improvement over my hd2400. Think I should use my Biostar NF61-S AM2 board that has a sempron 3400+ and eventually upgrade to a dual core?

Get an HD 2600XT at best. There is a $45 shipped 9600 GSO on the FS/FT forums right now that would be less of a waste of money than an 8800GTX

I'm not spending money on it. I'll be trading a brand new graphics tablet for a Zotac 8800GTX AMP! edition and 4gb g skill ddr2 1000. The only thing I would need to get after this is a processor. My AM2 board has a 3400+ sempron now which will scrape me by for a bit. I could later on upgrade to about anything except phenoms.

Ahh. Trade the 8800GTX for an X2 and video card like a 4650 or 9600GSO. That way you get a better CPU and GFX card to make use of it.

:confused: Wrong socket.
I think there's a misunderstanding; he mentioned some AM2 board earlier and now he must be talking about that. It ain't entirely clear though because his signature suggests that he's planning to do something with that HD 2400 pro in his old Intel system.

Back